How to Read your resources

SimonS

Hi,

I've been using Logos for a number of years (hush! hope no one notices!). I've recently switched to Accordance and must say my study has massively increased as has my Bible knowledge. Thanks Accordance!

I've hit a slight snag. In Logos I can take one of my resources and create a plan that will chop it up into however many readings I want. This has been useful in getting me to read my resources as I'm reminded each day to read and the section is laid out before me. Another reason I find this useful is that if I need to read several books before a certain date I can create a reading plan and know I'll have them read by then. I should add that I also use an ipad and synchronising the reading plans across has bee extremely useful.

Is there any way to do this in accordance?

I'm not aware of any way to do this, but this would be a great feature. I've used a third-party tool to generate custom Bible reading plans and some other websites may have plans for other works, but I'd still like to have it integrated in Accordance.

I can confirm there is presently no way to do this in Accordance. Sorry.

I DO want to say how pleased we are that using Accordance has increased your knowledge of the Bible and its related resources. I was originally drawn to Accordance because it worked like I taught my students to exegete: placing the Bible text first and then branching out to use the resources to understand it better. I believe the Bible has a higher level of authority/inspiration than books written about it—especially the so-called "popular books" that mirror our own culture so closely. Having Accordance place the Bible front and center every time I open it is an ongoing reminder of that principle.

Welcome to Accordance—and thanks for the encouragement!