Frederick Dale Bruner's commentaries on Matthew or John

timanorton

Frederick Dale Bruner's commentaries on Matthew (2 vol) and John (1 vol) are absolutely wonderful. Is there any chance that these are in the pipeline or possibilities in the future?

• Like 1

+1, especially for Matthew

• Like 1

I've loved the Matthew commentaries too. One of my favourite commentaries on the Gospels - rare combination of exegetical rigour, very thoughtful theological reflection and lucid prose.

• Like 2

Helen,

These are published by Eerdmans. It's not a series, just a double volume on Matthew and a single on John.

But I agree with their value. My Matthew set is in shreds as I've used it so much and would jump to have them in Accordance.

DD

Here are the publisher's links for the print copies. The endorsements hint at how widely used and wonderfully rich these resources are:

Matthew vol 1:

http://www.eerdmans.com/Products/4506/matthew.aspx

Matthew vol 2:

http://www.eerdmans.com/Products/4507/matthew.aspx

John:

http://www.eerdmans.com/Products/6635/the-gospel-of-john.aspx

What do you think are the chances of these becoming modules?

Edited by timanorton

What do you think are the chances of these becoming modules?

Generally speaking it's possible since the titles are recent (which would imply there is likely an e-text) and we have a great working relationship with Eerdmans. However, we've got a lot of titles we're working on / pursuing so I don't know when we might be able to get them.

Generally speaking it's possible since the titles are recent (which would imply there is likely an e-text) and we have a great working relationship with Eerdmans. However, we've got a lot of titles we're working on / pursuing so I don't know when we might be able to get them.

Thanks for your thoughtful response. One of my favorite "features" of accordance is the care and authenticity of the staff. Thank you.

I certainly understand that nothing will be immediate in this regard. Is there a way to be kept in the loop on the fate/progress of these commentaries? I'm somewhat new to the "request a module" world and am in trying to learn the ropes.

Thanks for your thoughtful response. One of my favorite "features" of accordance is the care and authenticity of the staff. Thank you.

I certainly understand that nothing will be immediate in this regard. Is there a way to be kept in the loop on the fate/progress of these commentaries? I'm somewhat new to the "request a module" world and am in trying to learn the ropes.

As background info (for you and others): We watch forum requests to see what kind of interest they generate, then typically forward it to others to discuss. From there we'll investigate it further and if agreed on pursuing it, start working on it with the publisher. This latter process can take a very long time in certain cases (read: years). Once we license the item we develop it in approximate order of when we licensed it and its priority with respect to other titles. If we have a backlog of items this process can be delayed further.

Sometimes this entire process can be finished relatively quickly. Other times, unfortunately, it takes years (and often not within our control). The only way to be kept in the loop is to check back in with us periodically; I'd say you can reply to this thread in 6 months or so and check to see if there's been any progress.

Thanks for the feedback and request.

As background info (for you and others): We watch forum requests to see what kind of interest they generate, then typically forward it to others to discuss. From there we'll investigate it further and if agreed on pursuing it, start working on it with the publisher. This latter process can take a very long time in certain cases (read: years). Once we license the item we develop it in approximate order of when we licensed it and its priority with respect to other titles. If we have a backlog of items this process can be delayed further.

Sometimes this entire process can be finished relatively quickly. Other times, unfortunately, it takes years (and often not within our control). The only way to be kept in the loop is to check back in with us periodically; I'd say you can reply to this thread in 6 months or so and check to see if there's been any progress.

Thanks for the feedback and request.

Rick,

You, sir, are awesome. Thank you!

• 10 months later...

Just had Bruner recommended to me. I don't suppose his books (Matthew 2 vols., especially) might be in the pipeline?