I love the Atlas, and its power & sophistication lead me to wish for some specific functions:
- being able to create custom, scalable site lists based on coordinates, with the taxonomy of size and a typology of site types, such as all Iron IB enclosure sites larger than 1 acre;
- not limiting available sites to biblical sites, but general ancient Near Eastern history/archaeology
- full topographic features: elevation lines, the ability to draw/highlight areas above, below, between certain elevations, i.e. all Iron I sites above 600 meters elevation
- The Jersusalem map needs work; just zooming in on Jerusalem doesn't provide the detail needed. Jerusalem is worth a very sophisticated, separate layer or set in the maps
- ability to edit the main sites data-sometimes scholarship shifts on locations and it would be useful to be able to adjust the maps accordingly when there are more than one possibility
- Display of highways: I'd love to see a hierarchy and typology of routes/highways allowing custom display of routes
I actually think the power for these features is already there in the module, but how to allow users to generate and use the data, creating importable data, would be the key.