Some Aramaic Resources

Anon

Some resources are apropos for Accordance. Here are some I would like to see:

Michael Sokoloff, A Dictionary of Jewish Babylonian Aramaic of the Talmudic and Geonic Periods (Dictionaries of Talmud, Midrash, and Targum 3; Ramat-Gan Baltimore: Bar Ilan University Press Johns Hopkins University Press, 2002).

Michael Sokoloff, A Dictionary of Jewish Palestinian Aramaic of the Byzantine Period (Dictionaries of Talmud, Midrash, and Targum 2 Publications of the Comprehensive Aramaic Lexicon Project; 2nd ed. Ramat Gan, Israel Baltimore: Bar Ilan University Press Johns Hopkins University Press, 2002).

Michael Sokoloff and Carl Brockelmann, A Syriac Lexicon: A Translation From the Latin: Correction, Expansion, and Update of C. Brockelmann’s Lexicon Syriacum (Winona Lake, Ind. Piscataway, N.J.: Eisenbrauns Gorgias Press, 2009).

Smith Payne, R. and Jessie (Payne Smith) Margoliouth, A Compendious Syriac Dictionary: Founded Upon the Thesaurus Syriacus of R. Payne Smith (Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1979).

Theodor Nöldeke, Compendious Syriac Grammar (Winona Lake, IN: Eisenbrauns, 2001).

Edited by James Tucker

+1 for all these... especially for Sokoloff's Syriac lexicon

• 2 weeks later...

Does Payne Smith or Nöldeke have copyright restrictions anymore?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Any update on when we might be getting a good Syriac grammar and lexicon? I'm especially looking forward to Nöldeke.

I'd buy Nöldeke, although first I'd like to have a good lexicon.

• 4 years later...