Diagram for notes

Outis

I make use of the user notes extensively. And some years ago I tried to make use of the diagramming tool, mapping out the context of entire sections and books of scripture. But it was clear that the diagramming tool needed to mature before it could be used in this way. So my question is really two questions:

1) Has the diagramming tool matured enough to use for notes?

2) If any of you out there use Diagramming for notes (instead of or in addition to) the user notes, how do you do this? What does it look like?

Hi, Steve!

I just have a side comment here.

A User Tool is a much more robust module than a User Note. The latter only offers Scripture links, while the former adds URL links, Accordance module links (including searches), and local file links. That means a user can access files, like saved Accordance diagrams, pictures, or other illustrations in a single click. Since User Tools are not tied to a specific passage, they are an ideal place to store sermons (which tend to cite multiple passages), along with links to any supporting materials. I suggest creating a permanent folder for such material and placing it somewhere that you are unlikely to move it by accident [for then none of your local file links would work]. Now, simply place a reminder in the User Note at the passage(s) the sermon addresses, identifying which User Tool contains the sermon.

This method leverages the advantages of both the User Tool and the the User Note.

Edited by Timothy Jenney

Hmm, what is the syntax to link to a diagram?

The basic help file is here: http://file:///Applications/Accordance.app/Contents/Resources/Accordance%20Help/Default.htm#topics/05_dd/create_links_in_user_tools.htm#kanchor360

The syntax for a file on a local drive is as follows: file:///Users/DrJ/Documents/Accordance%20Files/User%20Files/Sample%20Diagram.pict. Just for clarification, the document is "Diagram.pict," located at Documents>Accordance Files>User Files>Diagram.pict.

Your file path will be different, though it is easy to find. Control-click the file to which you want to link, then use the popup menu to select Copy Path>URL. All you have to do then is paste it into a User Tool, select it and click "Make Link."

There are three older podcasts on User Tools (#30, 30.2, 30.3). The middle one covers the various kinds of links: http://www.accordancefiles2.com/podcasts/p30_2_makingausertool2.m4v

Have fun!

post-29215-0-44830000-1367958443_thumb.png

Edited by Timothy Jenney
  • Like 2