NA28 Introduction

Jonathan C. Borland

Dear Accordance Team,

Is there any way to add the Introduction of NA28 as a reference tool (such as NA28 Notes)? Often the Introduction is essential to understand the apparatus, such as what are the consistently cited witnesses (although I heard this was done away with in NA28), the current weight given to the versions (and the bibliography for the critical editions used for the same), changes since the last edition, etc. I think it would be good to have in Accordance! (Forgive me if it's already there. I can't find it if it is.)

I believe you'll find the information you want in the NA28 Apparatus. However, you'll need to open it in its own tool window to see it. Simply open it directly from the Library, then open the browser and navigate to the introductory section.

To everyone: this is a very common question for reference tool modules of all kinds.

When a reference tool is opened as a parallel text, the only information that is displayed is what is tied to particular verses in the main text. Other information is suppressed, so make scrolling in parallel with the main text easier.

Open the same reference tool in its own zone and you can see everything in the module: major articles, introductions, excursives, illustrations, etc.

Even in a parallel pane you can scroll up to see the Introduction or Forward. However it is much easier in a Tool tab to open the browser and identify the material that is of interest to you.

Ah, I see it now when going to Matt 1.1 in the apparatus and then scrolling up. And going to the very beginning of NA28 in the reference tool is even better, just as you said. Thanks so much!

• Like 1