Bible Memory

Randy Steffens Jr

Has any consideration been given to including a module with tools for bible memory? Such a feature might prove popular with iOS device users as well.

Randy

Hi, Randy!

I am not sure what kind of tool you are talking about. Could you describe it a bit more and give us an example or two?

Thanks!

There are already apps for bible verse memory such as 'RememberMe' and 'FighterVerses'. I personally find them very helpful. They already provide verse selection from a number of versions and present due verses on a planned schedule. They provide help in practising the verses and allow you to tag verses with topics. What would be the advantage of Accordance offering this functionality?

• Like 1

Yes, that was my idea, something like FighterVerses but that was natively built into Accordance. That way it would also work on a desktop machine and one could syncronize memory verses between desktop and mobile devices as well. Even though there are already IOS apps that fill this need, it would be more useful to have it as a module in Accordance since I already spend so much time there. It would also be interesting to see how Accordance could develop a system even better than the competition as they have done so well with their Bible software. My idea was a module that would drill users on Bible texts they wanted to memorize. Maybe have a nicely arranged method for organizing the database by topic, a way to review texts, flashcard learning, and a system reminding users when they needed to refresh on old texts. Just an idea... :)

Blessings!

Randy

• 3 months later...

I would also like this feature. I would like to tell Accordance that I would like to memorize a passage (say Philippians 2) in a certain amount of days (say 30). I would like it to tell me every day what verse I need to be memorizing at that time. I would like it to include review days of verses I have already memorized in that section. I would like it to be interactive too. Perhaps asking me to type the verse. Perhaps asking me to type the verse while showing the verse and then taking away words progressively. I would like it to keep track of what I have memorized previously too so that I can look back and review. I would like this to sync with iCal also so that I can get a reminder.