History or Back button?

mikeall

When I am doing my daily reading, I have a commentary open and if I click on a bible reference link in that commentary it will open where I was reading - and now there seems to be no way to return to where I was up to in my daily reading. Any ideas?

I am not sure of your setup, you may need to post screenshots, but is there not a back arrow and the bottom of the tab that takes you back step by step?

Here is what happens. I see the link in the EBC > it takes me to Ps. 22:8 and then there is no back button (but it is there sometimes when I am doing other things).

post-32268-0-36003400-1370389300_thumb.png

post-32268-0-80909200-1370389308_thumb.png

In this case, it looks as though it created a new tab. Could you close your 'Text (NLT-SE)' tab to return to the readings?

Thanks for the reply. I could close that but that would give me the same result - not knowing where I was up to in the daily reading.

This is what is in the first tab.

post-32268-0-68412300-1370395139_thumb.png

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I think your best bet is to turn off the Recycle icon in your Text (NLT-SE) tab. That way, when you click on a reference, it won't overwrite where you are. Then you can close this newly created tab, or leave it open for any future clicks (since its recycle will be on). How does this work?

Thanks. That will do it. All I wanted to be able to do was click and read more and not loose my place. Thanks for the useful answer.