Timeline questions

Abram K-J

Just got the Timeline module--looking good so far.

A couple questions:

1. This applies to the Atlas module, too--I don't see any way to zoom in and out using the trackpad. Is this correct? I see the buttons to zoom in and out, and know the command-(plus) and command-(minus) keyboard shortcuts. I'm thinking about something like a pinching motion.

2. Per screenshot, can I not change the font of the items on the Timeline? Does the attached setting just change items that I add? The odd thing is, James and Galatians and Paul are now all in Garamond and red, after I've searched for them, but other items aren't.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help--these may be softball questions... I haven't had time to watch the podcasts about it yet.

post-31802-0-34785800-1371140475_thumb.png

1. We have trackpad multitouch support on our list, but its not done yet.

2. The timeline offers the same level of customization of the Atlas. You can define each Region layer to have its own font/size/color combination. What you are looking at are the 'special' items outside of a region layer, such as your extra items. Under the 'All' popup in the top left, select Define Region Layers to get what you want.

Thanks, Joel,

That's what I though (about my extra items), but then why would it change those three items I've found through search to Garamond/red?

'extra items' refers to items added I marked on the timeline via search or amplify. So, since your screenshots shows extra items as Garamond red, that applies to your found items. The 'Define Region Layers' applies to everything else.

• Like 1

Great--thanks for the clarification, Joel!

Okay, maybe I'm missing something--that works for changing font of "Political labels"... is there a way to change the font/color for all the individual items?

Ah - that would be the popup menu to its right 'Define Item layers'. Sometimes, I wonder if there is too much flexibility in the customization!