A shortcut key suggestion

LylePhillips

I realize that clicking on the icons at the bottom of the window will advance the text forward or backward by chapter, book, etc. Since I use shortcut keys is it possible to also utilize the arrow keys? For instance, Up and Down arrows will advance the text forward or backward by book. Left and Right arrows will advance the text forward or backward by chapter. It would also be nice if the search function could be assigned to individual shortcut keys i.e. verse and words rather than having to always look as to what mode is active.

Don't forget that each button already has a key command associated with it. You can Command-Up and down to go by verse, Command-Shift up and down to go by 10 verses, Command-Option up and down to go by chapter, Command-Shift-Option up and down to go by 10 chapters, Command-Control-Option-Up and down to go by book, and Command-Control-Shift-Option-Up and down to go by 10 books. Whew!

You can also toggle the search by typing Command-; (semicolon), but if you have version 10, it will switch for you automatically, so you don't have to worry about it anymore. Version 10 also has lots of other great features, that aren't as directly related to this post :)

• 1 year later...

hi Accordance admin,

Would it be possible to have a context "0" / context "all" short-cut key for word searches? I find myself constantly adjusting the slider between "0" and "all" when I do word searches. This would be awesome.

And could there be a three finger short cut key for copy as citation? Currently the short cut key for this is ^ (shift + 6) + [command] + "c". If this short-cut isn't already taken, perhaps it could be shift + command + "c".

Copy as citation is useful because it retains 12pt font size. Currently there is no zoom feature in Accordance. So the only way to view Accordance text comfortably for my computer is to have the font size at 16 or 18. And when I copy and paste it's an additional step to reduce it back down to 12pt font.

david

David,

We'll keep in mind adding shortcuts to increase or decrease the context, or set it to 0 or all. For copy as citation, it is already Command-Control-C, which is very easily typed by just one hand. Does this not work for you?

• 2 weeks later...

Also, keep in mind that one can add shortcuts to any app on a Mac through the System Preferences-Keyboard-Shortcuts

I added Ctrl-Cmd-I for importing into a New User Tool and use it quite a bit.

• 4 months later...