Error when starting Accordance

Robb B

Every now and then I get the error below when starting Accordance. It is erratic, so I'm not sure what it might be linked to. I'm using 10.4.7 with 7.0.3.

This isn't really my field, so this whole post is off the record :-)

I was just thinking, though, if the dialog is asking you about the permissions, have you tried running a repair permissions in Disk Utility? Maybe one of the files got a little messed up.

Hi Robb,

I looked through the code and found the only place this could be called from is when Accordance is scanning the main folder ("Accordance Folder" or the folder where Accordance was launched from) looking for files with old file types. This section of code scans recursively through each subfolder.

In other-words, Accordance thinks it found a file "Timeline Settings" that has an old file type and is having problems when it tries to change it to a modern file type.

Also, "Timeline Settings" was the name of the settings file before Version 7. You should only have one in the folder "Accordance Settings ƒ".

Recommendations...

1. Search for instances of this file anywhere inside the main application folder (not in the folder "Accordance Settings ƒ") and backup old copies to another directory.

2. Verify that you have permission to write to the file "Timeline Settings" using the Finder's "Get Info" on this file.(Ownership&Permissions: You can 'Read & Write')

I hope that helps

Mike

In case anyone wants to know what a Disk Utility "repair permissions" does, you might want to read this brief note.

Recommendations...

1. Search for instances of this file anywhere inside the main application folder (not in the folder "Accordance Settings

Archived