The new assistant window in 9.3 gives easy access to another new feature - Daily Reading - which you can also access in the Window menu. Simply click to open your preferred reading for the day in the Bible and the devotional tool.
We already offered several such daily readings, but have now added some more. You can select your favorite or try a new one for just $10:
- Daily Meditation: My Daily Meditation For The Circling Year, by J. H. Jowett, presents a brief meditation on a passage of Scripture for each day of the year.
- Daily Strength: Daily Strength for Daily Needs, by Mary Wilder Tileston, is a collection of Scriptural passages and inspired quotations for each day of the year.
- Days of Heaven: Days of Heaven Upon Earth: A Year Book of Scripture Texts and Living Truths offers brief but powerful reflections upon Scripture by A. B. Simpson, founder of The Christian and Missionary Alliance.
- Faithful Promiser: The Faithful Promiser by John R. MacDuff contains 31 daily reflections on individual promises of God. Each day's devotion begins with the assurance that "He is faithful that promised," and ends with the prayer, "Remember this Word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope." The module includes The Words of Jesus by John R. MacDuff with 31 daily reflections on the words of Jesus, with specific emphasis on words of comfort to those who are "weary."
- M’Cheyne Family: Scottish minister Robert Murray M’Cheyne devised a Bible reading plan which has remained popular for more than a century and a half. Divided into readings for Family worship and "Secret" (that is, personal) devotion, M'Cheyne's system covers the Old Testament once and the New Testament and Psalms twice during the course of a year. To keep the division between family and secret readings clear, the M'Cheyne Readings consist of two modules: M’Cheyne Family Readings and M’Cheyne Secret Readings.
In addition, the Daily Readings module in the Starter package has been divided into Devotional Readings and Chronological Readings, so once you get those modules through Easy Install, you can delete the old one from the Library window. These modules contain plans for reading through the Bible in a year. Devotional Readings presents a reading from the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs for each day of the year. Chronological Readings arranges passages in an approximate chronological order, so that prophetic writings appear together with the corresponding historical narratives, and New Testament epistles appear with the corresponding narratives in Acts.
Our new section of Daily Reading modules lists all those currently available for this feature. We'll be adding more in the future.