We're pleased to announce the release of a free update to Accordance 7. Accordance 7.1 features a number of new enhancements—so many, in fact, that it's probably false modesty on our parts to label this a point-one release. New features include:
- Spell checking in Edit windows.
- Citation page in Preferences allows the user to set specific options for copying as a citation.
- The AccUpdater widget can now automatically download and install some module updates.
- Pressing option when adding a new Tool or User Notes pane adds it to the top row.
- Pressing option when opening the Tool browser opens all levels for the article at the top of the pane.
- Edit window Find and replace can now be limited to Latin characters.
- The HITS dialog box now offers the options of further definition.
- Command right and left arrow keys move the cursor to the beginning or end of the line.
- The Construct window supports the HITS, COUNT, and Character items, and allows searching in both directions.
- A new Character palette identifies and enters all the special characters in the Accordance fonts.
- Syriac text is displayed and searched using Peshitta font, and supported throughout the program like Hebrew.
- The Parsing window is displayed in columns.
- Additional Hebrew tags are added for the verbs in the Samaritan Pentateuch.
- Option to hide the spaces in the text display (intended for uncial manuscripts such as Vaticanus).
- Entry of Hebrew tags now allows some details, such as those for gender, to be set without specifying another detail first.
- Automatic entry of diacritical marks is supported in Rosetta, Sylvanus and Peshitta.
A necessary update to the Preference files makes them incompatible with version 7.0.x. If you want to be able to go back to an earlier version please make a backup of the user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences folder. Saved windows including the Timeline or the Parsing windows are also not backwards compatible.
I'll describe some of these features in greater detail in upcoming posts. In the meantime, you can download the update here and begin playing with all the new features today.