Drop whatever you’re doing and go run App Update in Accordance 12 immediately! We have just released v. 12.3.0, and it’s such a major update, you’ll wonder why we’re not charging for it! Make no mistake, though, Accordance 12.3.0 is FREE to all Accordance 12 users.
Accordance 12.3.0 brings a brand new Text Browser feature, significant enhancements to Papers/Stacks, Research, Searching, Web browser, and much more!
There’s a lot to explore here, so you may even want to open this web page in your Accordance Web Browser so you can try out all the new features and enhancements for yourself!
- The new Text Browser tab displays multiple translations of the same verse from a verse reference selection in a Text or Tool tab.
- The Text Browser can be linked to another Text tab (Search, Reference List, or Context) to show the top verse in all available translations, or in a predefined group of translations.
- A new Web & Text Browser preference pane has been added.
- The contents of the Text Browser tab can be printed and saved as a text file.
Papers & Stacks:
- Papers and Stacks can be synced between Windows, macOS, and iOS devices.
- The Library supports the creation of sub-folders within the Paper and Stack subgroups.
- In the Set Paper Display Dialog Box, an option for [None] has been added to hide the item marker for that particular hierarchical level.
- A Word Count menu item has been added as the first item in the Pane Task Action Menu.
- New and existing Paper tabs can be set to open at a specified Zoom level.
- Links can be added to Papers from multiple sources (Resource, Web, File, Scripture).
- When copying text from an Accordance Text or Tool, the bibliographic information is included when pasted into a Paper tab.
- Items can now be added to a Stack from the Web Browser tab and from the Research tab.
- AnySyntax has been added as a new search item in the Construct tab.
- The Research tab has a new selector button for viewing Text results in a Text Browser or workspace.
- Hebrew Literal search is now an option in the Research tab.
- Reading/Research preferences have been updated to set new Research tabs to either Flex/Exact or Literal/Grammatical searches.
- The title in the Research tab now shows the number of hits in the number of verses.
- Research Table of Contents can now be hidden.
- Zoom buttons have been added to the web browser.
- Scripture references detected on web pages will be displayed in Instant Details and highlighted in red to distinguish them from normal links.
- Clicking a Scripture reference in the Web Browser opens the verse in a Text tab.
- The default home page can be set in the Web & Text Browser preferences.
- The default texts for scripture references displayed in the web browser can be selected in the Web & Text Browser preferences.
- Added a preference to split non-contiguous verses when using Copy as Citation.
- Added a radio button in the Citation preferences specifying whether the entire citation should be enclosed in markers, or just the text title alone.
- Import of any UTF16 file is now supported.
- Language groups such as Chinese, Russian, and "enhanced" Latin Unicode remain as Unicode Bible texts.
- If the localization is changed, any default item (such as highlight style name and route layer) not changed by the user will be updated.
- User Note icons have been updated.
- User Note table of contents can be hidden when opened by itself.
- New Safe Mode options have been added.
- An Accordance Exchange link has been added to the Help menu.
- Updated help files.
- Bug fixes.
If you haven’t already done so, Accordance 12 users can update to v. 12.3.0 by going to Check for App Update on the Utilities menu (Windows) or the Accordance menu (macOS).
Accordance 12.2.9 (Windows/macOS)
This update brings major improvements for importing User Notes from BibleWorks. This includes better matching for Hebrew characters, importing single Book folders of User Notes, and more. There are also minor updates related to Unicode, Simple Constructs, User Bibles, User Tools, and localizations.
Update your installation of Accordance 12 by selecting App Update on the Utilities menu (Windows) or the Accordance menu (macOS).
Update: Accordance 12.2.9 is also now available in the Mac App Store.
Accordance Mobile 1.2 for Android
Accordance Mobile 1.2 for Android smartphones and tablets introduces a number of new enhancements, especially relating to text selection, copying text, and support for audio playback!
Tap and hold text for Instant Details and the ability to copy your selection. Any content with embedded or streaming audio can now be played from within the Accordance Mobile app. We've also added a number of other features such as support for PaleoHebrew, the choice of whether or not to include footnote markers or Hebrew cantillation when copying text, the ability to display more Accordance titles than before, and more.
Update Accordance Mobile for Android Version 1.2 from the Google Play Store or the Amazon Appstore for Android. It can also be downloaded directly from our server but will need to be updated manually.
Accordance Mobile 2.7.2 for iOS
Accordance Mobile v. 2.7.2 for iOS delivers a number of fixes, updates, and improvements, especially to Paper documents imported from Accordance on Windows and Mac.
Now there is much better support for selecting view options in Paper documents to display explanations, contents, endnotes, and bibliographical information. Tap on footnote or endnote indicators to see destination content in Instant Details. From there, choose to go to that content or amplify. External links in Paper documents can be displayed in Instant Details.
Other improvements to Paper documents include better handling of bibliographic hyperlinks to titles not present on the device. Ibid entries distinguish between page and paragraph numbers and properly support Unicode localization. Even better, Paper Display options now update immediately on iPads.
Besides the above improvements to Paper documents, there are updates to popovers on landscape iPhones and better handling of formatting for original languages in User Notes.
Accordance Mobile for iOS can be updated in the App Store.
If you run Accordance on a Macintosh computer and recently upgraded to High Sierra 10.13.4, you may have noticed an alert when you run any 32-bit application. The alert states that the particular application you launched “is not optimized for your Mac.” This warning is part of an ongoing transition for macOS from Apple to move all applications to 64-bit code to take full advantage of modern processors and features of the operating system, which is also 64-bit.
So what about Accordance on your Mac? We’ve got some great news for you: you may not have even noticed, but Accordance has been 64-bit since way back in June, 2017, when we released v. 12.1. So, if you’re running the latest version of Accordance 12, you’ve been good to go for quite a while! Since last year, Accordance on the Mac has been 64-bit and fully compliant with Apple’s guidelines.
However, if you’re running an older version of Accordance, it’s time to upgrade! Apple hasn’t announced that older 32-bit apps are going to stop working anytime soon, but the writing seems to be on the wall, to borrow a phrase from Daniel 5. Owners of older versions of Accordance for the Mac can upgrade for as low as $49.90; so really, what are you waiting for?
If you still have questions about the 64-bit transition of Accordance on the Mac, feel free to leave them in the comments below. Answers to general questions about the 64-bit transition on macOS can be found on Apple's website.