Drop whatever you’re doing and go run App Update in Accordance 12 immediately! We have just released v. 12.3.0, and it’s such a major update, you’ll wonder why we’re not charging for it! Make no mistake, though, Accordance 12.3.0 is FREE to all Accordance 12 users.
Accordance 12.3.0 brings a brand new Text Browser feature, significant enhancements to Papers/Stacks, Research, Searching, Web browser, and much more!
There’s a lot to explore here, so you may even want to open this web page in your Accordance Web Browser so you can try out all the new features and enhancements for yourself!
- The new Text Browser tab displays multiple translations of the same verse from a verse reference selection in a Text or Tool tab.
- The Text Browser can be linked to another Text tab (Search, Reference List, or Context) to show the top verse in all available translations, or in a predefined group of translations.
- A new Web & Text Browser preference pane has been added.
- The contents of the Text Browser tab can be printed and saved as a text file.
Papers & Stacks:
- Papers and Stacks can be synced between Windows, macOS, and iOS devices.
- The Library supports the creation of sub-folders within the Paper and Stack subgroups.
- In the Set Paper Display Dialog Box, an option for [None] has been added to hide the item marker for that particular hierarchical level.
- A Word Count menu item has been added as the first item in the Pane Task Action Menu.
- New and existing Paper tabs can be set to open at a specified Zoom level.
- Links can be added to Papers from multiple sources (Resource, Web, File, Scripture).
- When copying text from an Accordance Text or Tool, the bibliographic information is included when pasted into a Paper tab.
- Items can now be added to a Stack from the Web Browser tab and from the Research tab.
- AnySyntax has been added as a new search item in the Construct tab.
- The Research tab has a new selector button for viewing Text results in a Text Browser or workspace.
- Hebrew Literal search is now an option in the Research tab.
- Reading/Research preferences have been updated to set new Research tabs to either Flex/Exact or Literal/Grammatical searches.
- The title in the Research tab now shows the number of hits in the number of verses.
- Research Table of Contents can now be hidden.
- Zoom buttons have been added to the web browser.
- Scripture references detected on web pages will be displayed in Instant Details and highlighted in red to distinguish them from normal links.
- Clicking a Scripture reference in the Web Browser opens the verse in a Text tab.
- The default home page can be set in the Web & Text Browser preferences.
- The default texts for scripture references displayed in the web browser can be selected in the Web & Text Browser preferences.
- Added a preference to split non-contiguous verses when using Copy as Citation.
- Added a radio button in the Citation preferences specifying whether the entire citation should be enclosed in markers, or just the text title alone.
- Import of any UTF16 file is now supported.
- Language groups such as Chinese, Russian, and "enhanced" Latin Unicode remain as Unicode Bible texts.
- If the localization is changed, any default item (such as highlight style name and route layer) not changed by the user will be updated.
- User Note icons have been updated.
- User Note table of contents can be hidden when opened by itself.
- New Safe Mode options have been added.
- An Accordance Exchange link has been added to the Help menu.
- Updated help files.
- Bug fixes.
If you haven’t already done so, Accordance 12 users can update to v. 12.3.0 by going to Check for App Update on the Utilities menu (Windows) or the Accordance menu (macOS).
Accordance 12.2.9 (Windows/macOS)
This update brings major improvements for importing User Notes from BibleWorks. This includes better matching for Hebrew characters, importing single Book folders of User Notes, and more. There are also minor updates related to Unicode, Simple Constructs, User Bibles, User Tools, and localizations.
Update your installation of Accordance 12 by selecting App Update on the Utilities menu (Windows) or the Accordance menu (macOS).
Update: Accordance 12.2.9 is also now available in the Mac App Store.
Accordance Mobile 1.2 for Android
Accordance Mobile 1.2 for Android smartphones and tablets introduces a number of new enhancements, especially relating to text selection, copying text, and support for audio playback!
Tap and hold text for Instant Details and the ability to copy your selection. Any content with embedded or streaming audio can now be played from within the Accordance Mobile app. We've also added a number of other features such as support for PaleoHebrew, the choice of whether or not to include footnote markers or Hebrew cantillation when copying text, the ability to display more Accordance titles than before, and more.
Update Accordance Mobile for Android Version 1.2 from the Google Play Store or the Amazon Appstore for Android. It can also be downloaded directly from our server but will need to be updated manually.
Accordance Mobile 2.7.2 for iOS
Accordance Mobile v. 2.7.2 for iOS delivers a number of fixes, updates, and improvements, especially to Paper documents imported from Accordance on Windows and Mac.
Now there is much better support for selecting view options in Paper documents to display explanations, contents, endnotes, and bibliographical information. Tap on footnote or endnote indicators to see destination content in Instant Details. From there, choose to go to that content or amplify. External links in Paper documents can be displayed in Instant Details.
Other improvements to Paper documents include better handling of bibliographic hyperlinks to titles not present on the device. Ibid entries distinguish between page and paragraph numbers and properly support Unicode localization. Even better, Paper Display options now update immediately on iPads.
Besides the above improvements to Paper documents, there are updates to popovers on landscape iPhones and better handling of formatting for original languages in User Notes.
Accordance Mobile for iOS can be updated in the App Store.
Live Click uses a simple click to search for verse references in all texts and words in all texts, lexicons, and Bible dictionaries. We added the feature in Accordance 12.2.7 at the request of former BibleWorks users, who missed a similar function in their old software. Now, with the release of Accordance 12.2.8, Live Click offers more features and even quicker searches.
Check out more episodes of the Lighting the Lamp podcast!
See the latest improvements to the Live Click.
Accordance Mobile 2.7 for iOS is a major update bringing a wealth of new features and improvements.
- Support for syncing and viewing Papers. Take your Papers documents from Accordance 12 with you for reading or presentation on your iPhone or iPad.
- Improved User Notes. Now you can tap a User Note icon next to the text to view or edit it. An improved User Note edit interface allows you to view the verse for which a note is being added.
- Improved audio features. The interface for playing Accordance audio-based titles has been improved. We have also added support for background play and control via the lock screen Control Center.
- Improved Hebrew word selection for Instant Details. Now it is much easier to distinguish between a word, its prefix, or its suffix when accessing information from Instant Details.
- New Amplify Preferences. A new Amplify section in Preferences allows you to set default resources for English, Greek, Hebrew, and Latin dictionaries or lexicons. Set a default commentary for amplifying from verse references.
- New Lexeme option in Instant Details for Keyed Texts. In translations with Strong’s or GK Numbers, you can now bypass the default Hebrew or Greek dictionary in Instant Details and go straight to the Hebrew or Greek lexicon specified in your Amplify Preferences.
- Plus, new Interlinear settings, improved Handoff support, secondary pane page turning, and much more.
Download Accordance Mobile 2.7 for iOS in the App Store.
Like this update? Please leave us a review on the App Store. We need new ratings and reviews for each rev. Your reviews really help us to spread the word about Accordance!
Accordance Mobile for Android v. 1.1.1
The big release came a couple of weeks ago with v. 1.1, which brought Instant Details, hyperlinks, and images to our Android version of Accordance. Version 1.1.1 offers a few bug fixes.
For more information see our Accordance Mobile for Android page.
Accordance 12.2.6 (Windows/Macintosh)
This newest Accordance release brought several bug fixes and improvements. None of these changes are major, but there are quite a few of them spread out across the interface. If you’re interested in perusing the list of changes, be certain to check out our New Features Since 12.0 page.
Updating to the newest version of Accordance 12 is easy! In the Windows version of Accordance, go to the Utilitiesmenu and choose Check for App Update. On the Mac, go to the Accordancemenu, and choose Check for App Update.
When we released Accordance Mobile for Android v. 1.0 back in February, we knew it didn’t yet have all the regular features Accordance users have come to expect, but we didn’t want to delay it even one more day. At that time we promised that certain features would be added soon in an upcoming update. Well, today is the day we are releasing Accordance Mobile for Android v. 1.1 in the Google Play Store and Amazon Appstore for Android with the essential features we’ve all been waiting for!
There are three main new features in Accordance Mobile for Android v. 1.1. First up, Instant Details. Tap and hold a word in any Keyed or Tagged text to get more information about that word and how it’s used. Second, Hypertext links. Now there are visual indicators hyperlinks to Scripture references, footnotes, and more. Tapping on these links will either show you more information or take you to further information. Third, Picture thumbnails. Tapping on images will take you to an internal or Android picture viewer.
There are also quite a few other changes, so you’ll want to check out the complete list in the Android section of the Accordance Forums. And just know that when it comes to Android, we’re just getting started! We have lots of upcoming features in the pipeline for our Android version of Accordance that we can’t wait to show you in the days and weeks to come.
For more information about downloading and installing Accordance Mobile for Android v. 1.1, please see our Android page.
Start your App Update engines because Accordance for Windows and Mac has been updated to v. 12.2.5! This FREE update brings a host of new features, changes and bug fixes. The list is actually quite long, but here are a few highlights:
- Improved Greek Construct searches.
- Improved ETCBC Noun and other syntax searches.
- Improved Analytics functions.
- Improved 3D rendering in the Accordance Atlas.
- Enhanced ability to search for quotation marks.
- Updated sample notes file.
- Getting Started added to the Help menu.
- Windows: Added support for Ctrl+Alt+A with Evernote. At this point a New notes is added to the Evernote notebook when using this function.
- And lots more including a host of other changes and bug fixes!
There’s a lot more to this update, and you can see all changes in both the Windows & Mac versions of Accordance 12.2.5 update on our “New Features Since 12.0” page.
Updating to the newest version of Accordance 12 is easy! In the Windows version of Accordance, go to the Utilities menu and choose Check for App Update. On the Mac, go to the Accordance menu, and choose Check for App Update.
Accordance 12.2 is our latest update. This podcast provides an overview of its improvements and major new features, including adding an internal web browser and support for the Arabic Quran. Join Dr. J as he guides us through the very latest Accordance has to offer. [Accordance 12.2 Basic]
Check out more episodes of the Lighting the Lamp podcast!
Although a designation like “12.2” might seem like this is merely another interim release for Accordance with a few minor changes and bug fixes, there’s a whole lot more here than that. In fact, Accordance 12.2 is a major update with significant new features. And best of all, it’s absolutely free for current Accordance 12 users!
So, what’s new in Accordance 12.2? Here are some of the major new features and updates:
Integrated Web Browser
At first, you might be asking, “Why would I want a web browser in Accordance?” I can sum up the main advantage in one phrase: the power of the Accordance contextual menu. Let’s say you’re in the LSJ unabridged lexicon, and in one entry, there’s a link to the Greek text in reference from the Perseus Digital Library website. Click on that link and the Perseus webpage loads in Accordance. Since the page is within Accordance, you can right click on a Greek word from Perseus and amplify to any of your Greek texts, lexicons, or other tools within Accordance. Want to include the excerpt from Perseus in a personal note next to the reference in LSJ? Simply copy the text and paste it into your note.
Or perhaps from Accordance, you go to File: New Tab: Web Browser. You go to a webpage to get up to speed on a biblical or theological topic. You come across an unfamiliar term, and you’re curious as to whether the content in your personal Accordance Library covers this concept. Select the term from the webpage, pull up the contextual menu, go to Research, and search all your dictionaries at once for this term.
Another bonus: whenever you click on the Help button in Accordance, you no longer have to leave the app. Follow the instructions in the Accordance Help system step by step right beside your Accordance search window.
Run web apps from within Accordance. If you use an online app like Google Docs, you can now have the document you’re working on right inside Accordance next to your research! In the same way, any web-based app, including Kindle Cloud Reader or even competing Bible software platforms which have versions of their software on the web can now be integrated into an Accordance Zone.
Introduced with Accordance 11, the Info Pane dramatically changed how many of us use Accordance. Suddenly there was a wealth of knowledge on any verse in the Bible that dynamically changed on the fly a fast as one could scroll through the text. Over time, we've added new sections to the Info Pane, but requests have continued. Why not a section for journals? historical writings? lexicons? ...and so on.
With the addition of My Toolset to the Info Pane, you can now add any title from your personal Accordance Library that you'd like to include in your research and study. Want to see when the Church Fathers commented on a particular verse? Add them to My Toolset. Journals? Add as many as you like!
When you add a title to My Toolset, Faster than you can blink an eye, Accordance scans that work to see if it references your verse. Preview in Instant Details and then click on the cover image in the Info Pane for Accordance to immediately runs a verse-specific search and display all the hits for you to see.
Add titles to My Toolset by clicking on the Action button (that little gear icon) next to the My Toolset title in the Info Pane. There you will be presented with the same folder structure of your personal Accordance Library, allowing you to add any title you want.
Paper exports to .docx and other improvements
Have a Paper document you need to share with someone who doesn’t have Accordance? Now you export your file to .docx (MS Word) format in addition to RTF, plain text, or printing to PDF. Paper documents also supports user-created endnotes through a contextual menu or the new asterisk (*) icon in the Paper toolbar.
Syntax trees have been visually improved with many new features. Antecedents are now more clearly visible in the syntax tree. Clause depth searching can now be restricted to stay within the clause boundaries. ETCBC searching has been improved to better handle or ignore subphrase elements.
Accordance can be used with Apple's Handoff feature, allowing your Mac and iOS devices to automatically pass what you are doing from one device to another. For more information about using Handoff with Accordance, see “Use Handoff Between Devices” in Accordance Help for the Mac.
Stacks and Papers can now be synced via Dropbox to any other installation of Accordance 12 on Windows or Mac.
New Localization Improvements
Localization of Accordance can now be set in the Appearance section of Accordance Preferences, separate from System localization. Also, there is a new localization for Simplified Chinese.
Updated Picture Popover Interface
Click on an image in any Accordance Tool to see an entirely new interface for zooming in an out and opening a photo in a separate Zone. Plus, there’s now a new expand icon for viewing the image full screen.
These features are just the tip of the iceberg. Accordance 12.2 is the most significant update since version 12 was released over a year ago. For a more complete list of new features, changes, and bug fixes, see our “New Features Since 12” page.
Fire up Accordance App Update—version 12.1.1 is now available! Although this update is mainly bug fixes, there are a few other goodies you will want to check out. In this update you’ll discover improvements to the Atlas, Timeline, Find/Replace, and many bug fixes.
Select App Update from the Utilities menu (Windows) or the Accordance menu (Mac) to update. Keep reading to find out about changes in Accordance 12.1.1!
Expanded Location URL Capabilities
Have you discovered Accordance Location URLs yet? Select any text and from the contextual menu, choose Copy As: Location URL. Send that link to a fellow Accordance user or even save it in your notes. Whenever that link is clicked on, Accordance will open that resource to the exact spot where you first selected the text.
Of course, Accordance Location URLs aren’t new. However, in v. 12.1.1, we’ve expanded them to include items on the Accordance Atlas and Timeline. Now you can share specific items from the Atlas or Timeline with other Accordance users who have these tools in their Accordance Libraries.
Here are some other changes you’ll find in this update:
- Added Copy as Search URL to the contextual menu for the Map and Timeline, when selecting an item.
- Changed Bold, Italic, and Underline logic to more cleanly apply to multiple styles.
- Improved the Spell Check dialog interface [Mac only].
- Added ⌘E (Mac)/Ctrl+E (Win) and ⌘G/Ctrl+G (Win) to populate the Find box and Find Next, respectively, in edit windows (Papers, User Notes, User Tools).
- Added the Short Title to the Library's export of bibliographic data to .ris.
- Added a warning when reverting a Paper version if there are other instances of that Paper open.
- Removed default shortcut of ⌘I (Mac)/Ctrl+I (Win) to tile windows.
- Accordance website links are now https instead of http.
- Lots of bug fixes!