Accordance eAcademy: September 2020
Live Webinar Training Event
“The Hebrew Bible an Old Testament Focus”
Accordance makes it easy to study like a Bible scholar! The Accordance eAcademy offers live web-based training on how to study more effectively and with greater results. Far beyond teaching you the various features of an application, these sessions show you how to apply those features to your own study and service to others!
EVENT: Live web-based Accordance eAcademy event!
DATE: Tuesday, September 15, 2020
LOCATION: Live Webinar, all you need is internet to access. (Attend from Anywhere!)
SPECIALS: 50% Off Accordance 13 Specialty Starters for First-timers, students, groups, or as a gift -- plus, Bonus savings for all attendees!
- Doing Hebrew Right (-to-Left): Don’t Get Turned Around in Your Study of Hebrew
- The Book of Joshua: How to Approach Book Studies in the Hebrew Bible
- The Old Testament Adventure!
BIOGRAPHIES – Presenters:
- David Lang - David Lang has authored or co-authored Accordance’s Bible Lands PhotoGuide and Bible Times PhotoMuseum, as well as the book Macs in the Ministry and six volumes of Northland Church’s Journey to Spiritual Maturity series. His dirty little secret is that Accordance makes him look much smarter than he is!
- Dr. Roy Brown – Dr. Roy Brown is the original developer of Accordance, the cutting-edge Bible software for Bible Study, research, and translation of the Bible, since 1994. He has taught the Bible for many years in the United States and Israel, in English and in Hebrew.
- Dr. Dan Langston – Dr. Langston is a professor of Bible Theology at Southwestern Assemblies of God University. A former Chaplain in the U.S. Army, He also hosts a weekly YouTubechannel "Bible on the Go with Dr. Dan."
Subject to slight changes. Times based on Eastern Daylight Saving Time (EDT)
Tuesday – September 15
Session #1 (David Lang) 12 Noon to 1:30 PM
Doing Hebrew Right (-to-Left): Don't Get Turned Around in Your Study of Hebrew!
This session will point you in the right direction when it comes to searching and studying Hebrew with Accordance. We’ll cover how to search the Hebrew text, explore lexicons, use analytics, and even develop complex searches using the Construct window.
Session #2 (Dr. Roy Brown 3 PM to 4:30 PM
The Book of Joshua: How to Approach Book Studies in the Hebrew Bible!
Why study the books from the Old Testament? What makes O.T. books different from the N.T. books in the approach to study them? What questions should be asked and what information should be collected? What types of reference works would be valuable in this endeavor? This session will focus on practical, useful, and beneficial steps to assist one in their studies. The focus will be on the book of Joshua.
Session #3 (Dr. Dan Langston) 6 PM to 7:30 PM
The Old Testament Adventure!
The Message of the Old Testament is conveyed through a proper consideration of the Land, Time, and Literature. This session provides a very condensed overview of these key factors and how they all fit together.