All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Ben Gladd

Discourse analysis/arcing

I've tried to do DA with Accordance on several occasions, but it's too complex. The lines don't quite line up, the symbols are difficult to work with, etc. Of course, I would prefer to use Accordance for DA, but their developers would have to get behind it.
  3. edwardsson

Microsoft Office vs Alternatives

It saved my day while at the University, and also after that working as a teacher. Mellel and Bookends is a great combo. Even Nisus and Bookends works well together, but Mellel and Bookends are outstanding together.
  4. edwardsson

Microsoft Office vs Alternatives

I started to use Office 2004 for Mac when I started at the University, but it was so buggy that I had to switch to Mellel instead. Depending on what to do and write, I now use either Mellel 6.0.3, Nisus Writer Pro 3.4, Pages 14 or Scrivener 3.3.6. At work they force me to use MS Office (an old version, do not remember how old, since my boss force all the company to use Win 7).
  5. Dr. Nathan Parker

14.0.9 dark mode glitch

Got it. I was able to reproduce this. I'll file a bug report: For the programmers: Launch Accordance in Dark Mode Open NA28 With :Live Click Enabled, click on a Greek Word Switch to Light Mode Word Usage is Still Light Screenshot and Debug Log Attached. M2 MacBook Air, Sonoma, 14.09. Debug-Log-20240511-2321-40.txt
  6. A. Smith

14.0.9 dark mode glitch

Life click word usage, yeah.
  7. Yesterday
  8. Dr. Nathan Parker

14.0.9 dark mode glitch

Is this in Research or somewhere else?
  9. Dr. Nathan Parker

Creating tagged Bible for import

Indeed. I'll get this filed.
  10. Dr. Nathan Parker

Saving Notes in IVP LifeGuides Inconsistent

Sounds good. If you don't get an answer here, try emailing Tech Support
  11. Ken Simpson

Aha! Now I understand. Yes! You are correct! In the NIDOTTE module, none of the KEY numbers are coded as key numbers. I completely agree this would be an excellent addition!
  12. SJLumby

Thanks to @Ken Simpson for alerting me to a lack of understanding under which I was operating (I was mixing up two separate issues). I’m in the latest iOS Acc app on my iPad. On the second issue, Ken, in response to my quote (above) that confused you, I’ve done as you suggest and gone into “amplify” the better to understand what I’m talking about. So here is my less confused (?) clarification. In the two screenshots attached I’ve highlighted the matter of ‘hovering’ and ‘hot-links’. The settings cause NIDOTTE and NIDNTTE to pop-up in a window when I highlight a Hb/Gk word. In NIDNTTE you can see the hot-link to Strong’s (I’ve circled it). But in the NIDOTTE the Hxxx number is not a hot-link (encircled). Having the hot link option in the NIDNTTE is very handy. Could the NIDOTTE be made to do the same, @Dr. Nathan Parker, please? Thanks Simon
  13. A. Smith

The diagramming feature of accordance can do this with no issue whatsoever.
  14. Louis Lapides

Saving Notes in IVP LifeGuides Inconsistent

Yes, Nathan. That's exactly what is taking place. I may work on a passage and take notes. Everything looks good. The next day, the notes are gone. I'm adding notes in Decker's Reading Koine Greek, which has a similar workbook function. I don't lose any notes. I'll keep my eye on the IVP Guide. I'm going through the Prayers of the OT. Thanks
  15. Dr. Nathan Parker

@Benjamin Gladd reads this forums, so that'll be east to reach out to. I could have licensing also reach out to Beale. He knows him well.
  16. Dr. Nathan Parker

14.0.9 dark mode glitch

Sonoma, correct?
  17. Dr. Nathan Parker

As @Ken Simpson said, User Bibles don't support tagging. I will be working on Bible projects coming up, so if there's something you have that we can consider professionally developing, give me a holler.
  18. Last week
  19. JohnABarnett

You cannot go wrong reaching out to G.K. Beale. HIs "A New Testament Biblical Theology" is abundant evidence of the effectiveness of his exegetical and biblical theological methodology.
  20. Ken Simpson

User bibles don’t have that facility unfortunately. however, I’m not sure what exactly you mean when you say “The tagged Hb Bibles have the pop-up but the Hxxx are not hot linked.” The tagged Hebrew bibles (HMT-W4, BHS-T) should work exactly the same as the Greek Bibles. if they aren’t it might be best to reach out to support (support [at] accordancebible etc etc] and see if there’s a problem with your setup. oh, have you checked the settings for amplify in preferences? Make sure a Hebrew lexicon is selected and a Hebrew key number dictionary is set (I override mine, and set Kohlenberger/Mounce as my Heb key number dictionary)
  21. I’ve successfully created a basic txt file for importing Hebrew Bible text. I would like to find out how to insert the necessary ‘codes’ into the txt file for import by which, when I hover over a word on-screen, it links to the correct entry in a relevant Bible Dictionary. The tagged Gk Bibles do this by offering a hot-link to Strong’s from within the pop-up. The tagged Hb Bibles have the pop-up but the Hxxx are not hot linked. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
  22. Luke Bert

Discours analysis is, of course, a very broad term. I am using this term specifically in reference to the method developed by Scholars such as G.K. Beale (et al) in "An Interpretive Lexicon of New Testament Greek." I know this method is taught at several seminaries such as Reformed Theological Seminary by Ben Gladd. This version of discourse analysis is similar to what John Piper calls "arcing" There is a java program called DA tool that I have used https://sourceforge.net/projects/datool/ I am also including a DA of Gal 2.6-10 that I did. Yes, I was teaching in french when I did this, but the principle should be evident. I was using https://app.biblearc.com/ I believe the best course of action would be for accordance to reach out to Dr. G.K. Beale, Dr. Ben Gladd, or Dr. Tyler Miliken. Gal 2.6-10.pdf
  23. A. Smith

Discourse analysis is way more than charting a text. But a lot of this charting can be done in the diagraming feature, you just have to adapt some of the symbols.
  24. A. Smith

14.0.9 dark mode glitch

Only classics so far as I can tell. M3 chip
  25. Dr. Nathan Parker

Thanks for this! Do you know of any sources for the discourse analysis/arcing that we could look into?
  26. Dr. Nathan Parker

Pastor going iPad only?

iPadOS in general still feels limited to me. Looking forward to WWDC and see what happens. Would also love to see some desktop-class tools on Accordance for iPad (and iPhone). Having Research would be a great start.
  27. Dr. Nathan Parker

14.0.9 dark mode glitch

Is it just this module or other modules? Is this on your Apple Silicon Mac on Sonoma?
  1. Load more activity