All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Items not showing up in Easy Install

On May 1 I "purchased" the three free Edersheim works from the (corrected) May Newsletter. I hadn't gotten around to installing them until today, only to discover that they don't appear as an Easy Install option on any of my devices. (an Intel Macbook Running Ventura, an iPhone 8 iOS 16.7.7, and iPad 10 running iPad OS 17.4.1, an HP Intel Core i3 running Windows 10 Home). I have an email verifying the "purchase" and they show up in My Account>Orders on the website. On my Mac, I have: -clicking on the gear icon in the Easy Install window and choosing "Refresh List" -Restarted Accordance -Restarted Accordance in safe mode and cleared some caches However, given that it's not working on any of my devices, I don't think the problem is on my end. One other note on both my Mac and the Windows machine in my office: if Open Easy Install, click the gear icon in that window and choose "Show Installed Items," the newest item on the list gives a date of 10/23/17. I have purchased numerous modules for Accordance since that date, including ones that were new releases when I purchased them. [The Nouvelle Français Courant is just one example]. If I use the "search" box in the Easy Install window to search for these newer modules, it cannot find them. [These purchases are, however, listed as purchased on my account on the website]. All of these modules that are missing on the "Installed Items list" are already installed on these devices.
  3. If you search for an Arabic word and "highlight all hits", Accordance highlights a random phrase next to the word. There also doesn't seem to be a logic. In the screenshot you can see it is highlighting a phrase to the right, but then in the last example the word occurs three times, yet it only highlighted a random phrase twice.
  4. Today
  5. mbcvida

doing research on a transliteration

I think part of the issue with the search is that the transliterated term in HALOT you are searching for is not formatted as a transliteration. The asterisk preceding the "ma" is HALOT's designation of a hypothetical term (see list of abbreviations in HALOT). They are trying to show the components of the name Abimael and have listed a hypothetical ma to account for the mem in the word. HALOT''s transliterated terms seem to be italicized and this one is not.
  6. Parsing information from Accordance Bible Software: εἰ Conjunction subordinating if; whether κλέπται Noun masculine plural nominative (common) thief εἰσῆλθον Verb third plural aorist active indicative to enter πρὸς Preposition (+accusative) (+gen) for; (+dat) at; (+acc) to, toward; (adv) moreover σὲ Pronoun (personal) second singular accusative you; you people (when pl) ἢ Conjunction coordinating or, than, either/or; hey! say now! λῃσταὶ Noun masculine plural nominative (common) robber, bandit; insurrectionist νυκτός Noun feminine singular genitive (common) (f) night ποῦ Adverb where? ἂν Particle (particle) ever ἀπερρίφης Verb second singular aorist passive indicative to throw out; jump out οὐκ Adverb not; no ἂν Particle (particle) ever ἔκλεψαν Verb third plural aorist active indicative to steal; cheat; conceal; act secretly τὰ Article neuter plural accusative the, who, which ἱκανὰ Adjective neuter plural accusative noDegree sufficient, able, worthy ἑαυτοῖς Pronoun (reflexive) third masculine plural dative of himself, his own καὶ Conjunction coordinating and, also, even, and yet, but εἰ Conjunction subordinating if; whether τρυγηταὶ Noun masculine plural nominative (common) grape-gatherer εἰσῆλθον Verb third plural aorist active indicative to enter πρὸς Preposition (+accusative) (+gen) for; (+dat) at; (+acc) to, toward; (adv) moreover σέ Pronoun (personal) second singular accusative you; you people (when pl) οὐκ Adverb not; no ἂν Particle (particle) ever ὑπελίποντο Verb third plural aorist middle indicative to leave ἐπιφυλλίδα Noun feminine singular accusative (common) gathering, gleaning
  7. Ken Simpson

Hi Kristin, I am almost 100% certain you can't do this using "research". You can (as I am sure you know) search individual resources (like HALOT) for a transliteration using the field drop down in the resource's search bar. This is because (as I understand it) the various tools have so many differing fields available that it just wasn't possible at the time to have it all rolled into the research drop down. How many different fields would be necessary there!! (and many useless in numerous resources). So, you can create a custom workspace with the transliteration item selected in each of the resources you want to search, and then link them all using the LINK command. Let me know if you'd like help doing this.
  8. Kristin

Arabic dictionary?

Thank you for the idea. I checked the exchange and it isn't there. Please put this in as a feature request if you are able. Accordance offers a lot of Arabic resources, so a reputable dictionary seems to really be needed.
  9. Kristin

Hi @mbcvida, I was in HALOT and looking at someone's name. HALOT said part of his name was mā, and I wanted to know more about that. So I selected it, right click, and clicked "Research" to find all resources that had it. Research then claimed that no resource used it, but obviously that's not true as at least HALOT did. I can attach a screenshot if that helps.
  10. Dr. Nathan Parker

Arabic dictionary?

I'm not seeing one in my library. Not sure if the Accordance Exchange has it.
  11. Dr. Nathan Parker

Second edition, MacArthur Study Bible, based on LSB version

Thanks! What publisher?
  12. Dr. Nathan Parker

Biblical Doctrine: A Systematic Summary of Bible Truth

I want to use this when I start teaching in seminary, so if there's any seminary that wants me to teach Systematic Theology for a semester, maybe that could push to get this one into production. :-)
  13. mbcvida

could you provide a little more info? - what resources do you wish to search? which resource contained the transliterated word? I have noticed that different resources often use different transliteration schemes. Also I notice that many of the resources have a transliteration search option, but they do not seem to find transliterated words, but simply English words untransliterated (look for the transliterated word "mah, or ma" (Hebrew מה) and the results are often any English words containing the letters MA. )
  14. I just saw where John MacArthur is going to release the LSB version of the MacArthur Study Bible second edition. Since Accordance was the first platform where the LSB was released digitally, that would be a great module to have.
  15. Any idea when MacArthur‘s Bible doctrine will be added?
  16. Kristin

Arabic dictionary?

Does Accordance offer an Arabic dictionary? Thanks, Kristin
  17. Yesterday
  18. Dr. Nathan Parker

ESV Expository Commentary

We have various titles from Crossway we're looking into but not specific ETAs at the moment.
  19. Larry Wing

ESV Expository Commentary

Any update on getting this?
  20. Dr. Nathan Parker

Arc Browser

Great! I'll take it for a test drive.
  21. If you're running Sonoma 14.3 or later, please install Accordance 14.
  22. Clint Cozier

Arc Browser

I've been using Arc for the last few months. I love its organizational tools, spaces to separate private from work related web tools, and organizing tabs in the sidebar is just brilliant! Its still chromium so all my important tools work in it. Arc Search on iOS is amazing, the Browse for Me feature is the neatest thing I've seen in a mobile browser for years. I can't wait until it makes into the desktop version.
  23. I am trying to do research of a transliterated word in a dictionary. The word in question is mā, so I first tried researching of unicode, and that said there were NO results, which is obviously ridiculous since I copied and pasted it from a resource. So I then tried English, and that produced "maœ." So how do I find all the resources which write "mā" ?
  24. I upgraded my 2015 MacAirbook to Sonoma using OpenCore Legacy Patcher. However, I can no longer access Accordance 13.3.4 that I used with Big Sur. When I click on the Accordance icon, I receive the message “The text ‘ESVS’ is not currently available to Accordance.” How can I get Accordance to work? Is there a conflict with OpenCore Legacy Patcher or Sonoma with this version of Accordance? Thanks, Chuck Schumacher
  25. Last week
  26. Dr. Nathan Parker

Arc Browser

Anyone using the Arc browser that's been getting some recent news?
  27. Dr. Nathan Parker

Library bug, Accordance crashing in safe-mode

Glad you're all set! Tech Support had to send me that file on one of my machines as well.
  28. Larry Wing

A mystery purchase installation

Just checked my iPad and they were not installed. I have to use Easy Install.
  29. ukfraser

A mystery purchase installation

Mine were in easy install on both ipad and iphone and not automatically installed.
  1. Load more activity