All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. David Garrison

Pastor going iPad only?

That's tricky for me to answer. My current iPad is the 10.5" iPad Pro, which came out in 2017. While it's great that I've gotten 7 years out of it, the battery life has become quite prohibitive. I also upgraded to an M1 Pro MBP when they came out, so that's been my primary machine for the past few years. But, I really like working on the iPad. I think the one-app-at-a-time helps me stay more focused. All that being said, I did get a Magic Keyboard (just the regular bluetooth keyboard) that made using the iPad as a productivity device much more, well, productive. Along those lines, once I got the new MBP, I've been able to make use of Sidecar and Continuity to control both devices at once, which has been great. I've already ordered an 11" M4 iPad Pro and the iPad Magic Keyboard, and look forward to transitioning toward that as my primary productivity machine, especially when traveling. But, as I said above, Apple really needs to untether iPadOS from iOS in so many different ways that would really help.
  3. Dr. Nathan Parker

highlighting way off in Arabic Qur'an

Sounds good. Thanks! I'll start with our module developers to see if it's a module issue, and if it turns out to involve programming, we can bring them in.
  4. Dr. Nathan Parker

Saving Notes in IVP LifeGuides Inconsistent

Thanks for the update. The answers should auto-save when you add them. So what's happening is sometimes the answers aren't saving for you?
  5. Dr. Nathan Parker

A mystery purchase installation

They could, then when we pulled out these for free giveaways, somehow the website didn't see they were in an older package you owned.
  6. Larry Wing

Could they also have been included in packages I may have bought over the years?
  7. Louis Lapides

Sorry, I wasn't clear. User Notes work fine. My problem has to do with saving answers in the IVP{ Guides. I wish there was some way of manually saving the answers as with User Notes.
  8. Kristin

Hi Nathan, This for sure confirms that it is a major tagging bug as I had suspected, and not specific to a particular OS or Accordance version. Please report this bug.
  9. Dr. Nathan Parker

Microsoft Office vs Alternatives

How well would the free version of SoftMaker Office run on my iPad mini if I wanted to use it for occasional quick productivity?
  10. Yesterday
  11. It is easy to search all your journals in Accordance. Plus it is a breeze to search all your journals for Hebrew or Greek words in Accordance 14. Dr. Nathan Parker shows you how to get the most out of it in this QuickTip video.
  12. Dr. Nathan Parker

Here's what I got when I ran the search and my highlight file. Test Highlights.zip
  13. Dr. Nathan Parker

Sounds good. By the way, are you referring to User Notes or saving answers in the IVP Guides themselves (Easy Answers)?
  14. Louis Lapides

Thanks Nathan. I'm only reporting it as a bug because I have never had this issue with Notes or Papers or any module that allows the user to add his/her own notes. I understand that the ability to write in these workbooks is a newer feature in Accordance 14. I write notes in Decker's Reading Koine Greek. No issues. Perhaps it has to do with IVP's products.
  15. Kristin

Hi Nathan, I am on an M1. here is the search: وَلِىّ (It was technically = and وَلِىّ but when I pasted it hear it put the equals on the wrong side. I had just been searching the lex of that word).
  16. Dr. Nathan Parker

New Releases, Feasting on the Word, Kregel, & Oxford

We're looking into it, although if you know anyone there you can give a nudge to and tell them you want to see it in Accordance, that always helps. :-)
  17. Dr. Nathan Parker

Is The Great Bible 1539 available somewhere?

We're looking into improving our store's search engine. We're aware there are some issues. On the Great Bible, once I get started on Bible development, this should be easy to pull in and fun to work on.
  18. Dr. Nathan Parker

Pastor going iPad only?

Looking forward to WWDC. Quick question: How much productivity (in addition to running the Accordance app) do all of you now do on an iPad vs a Mac? Do any of you stick with the on-screen keyboard only or use external keyboards?
  19. Dr. Nathan Parker

I can try. Can you paste your search term in a text file so I can copy/paste it directly into Accordance to ensure I have exactly what you're searching? Are you on Intel or Apple Silicon?
  20. Dr. Nathan Parker

Items not showing up in Easy Install

Glad it's working! Funny thing is I'm in the process of shooting a QuickTip video on this exact thing.
  21. Dr. Nathan Parker

I was wondering if this might be the case where it was modules some customers already owned, but the free offerings might have been showing "unowned" when "purchasing" them from the store.
  22. Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Items not showing up in Easy Install

Got the iPad and iPhone issue sorted without needing to call tech support. I remembered that in the Settings app of IOS there are options similar to the "safe mode" options on Macs and Windows. Specifically, this is what I did: I opened the settings app on my device I searched for "Accordance" in the search bar in settings and selected it when it came up I turned on "Remove Saved Session" and "Clear Download Cache" I returned to the home screen and then started Accordance from there I did the usual Easy Install sequence (Tap to bring up the icons on the bottom, choose the download one, etc.) After doing that, the recently "purchased" modules appeared.
  23. With the oxford items on sale again, any update on the jewish annotated apocrypha to complete the set?
  24. Alberto Rodriguez

When I saw those "free" offerings, I just happened to review my own resources. Behold, I already owned them. This has happened to me more than once. Just saying.
  25. Larry Wing

Thank you. I looked at it and the resources along with a lot of others are shown under a 2020 date for a Schaff installation. Maybe I did already have them but didn't see them in my order history and when ordering there was no warning I already owned them. While there are dates each installation listed does not have it's own date so I don't rally know now if I already had them based on this file.
  26. Tim Hall

Pastor going iPad only?

Apple's announcement was tantalizing ...
  27. Mike Garrity

Inside your Accordance Preferences folder (e.g. on Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences/ ) there is a 'Module Log' file that should log Module installation/delete events. You could check there to see if it was installed recently, etc.
  1. Load more activity