"Mark" Button not working properly

rborden

I am using the bookmark button and when I attempt to go back through all of my bookmarks for my study session, the mark button only takes me up or down through a particular book. It will not scroll over to any other books that have bookmarks. Any thoughts or known bugs?

Thanks,

Richard

Richard,

I'm just guessing, but are you marking verses in one book, then entering a new book at the TOP of the window, and then marking verses in that book?

If so, you are doing a new search every time you enter a new book at the top of the window. That is erasing all of your bookmarks and presenting you with a new search result.

Instead, leave the top part of the window set to asterisk (*) and enter the book you want to go to in the Go To Box at the bottom right. Doing that will enable you to mark verses in multiple books and quickly jump back and forth between them.

Or am I misunderstanding what you are doing?

You are correct, I am using a new search everytime. This brings home my point of having a simple back button for search history.

Thanks

Richard

Richard,

Perhaps I'm slow, but I'm not sure I see how this "brings home" the need for a back button. Right now, you can:

1. Do a series of verse searches and use the history pop-up to get back to previous passages.

or

2. Have the entire Bible displayed, use the Go To Box to get to the passages you want, and bookmark the ones you want to return to quickly.

Perhaps if I understood a little more about your process of study, I'd better understand why you feel a back button would make things easier for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi David,

Simply stated, I would like to see a back button similar to my browser. I don't want to drag accross the screen, click open the history dialog, and then scroll through that list (sometimes I even mis-click and get the wrong one) Ugh. For such a simple action a person must go through several keyboard actions to do what 1 button could do. Does this help?

Richard

We are planning to redo the History pop-up menu to make it more like the back button, but I am not sure this will make it into the next rev. It is on the short list.

However, it will not function exactly like a browser back button, since Accordance is not a browser. In particular, in Accordance you do not follow links in the same window, except for within a tool, and the Prior button works there. When you amplify you open another window or tab, often of a different type. So the back button would just repeat an earlier search in the same window, it would not retrace all your steps.

We are planning to redo the History pop-up menu to make it more like the back button, but I am not sure this will make it into the next rev. It is on the short list.

However, it will not function exactly like a browser back button, since Accordance is not a browser. In particular, in Accordance you do not follow links in the same window, except for within a tool, and the Prior button works there. When you amplify you open another window or tab, often of a different type. So the back button would just repeat an earlier search in the same window, it would not retrace all your steps.

Archived