Flashcord- Greek Vocaburary

Kiho Lee

Flashcord is pretty easy to use. First you need to set up a vocabulary list in the analysis tab of the details window. The best way to do that is by word count or by words in a book in my opinion. If you're just trying to learn common Greek NT vocab, do a search for all words that appear more than 100 times. That will give you 171 Greek terms using GNT-T. Then save the analysis tab as a plain text file.

In Flashcord, make sure you have it set to Greek and NOT Hebrew, then in the file menu, select open and open the text file. Then click the Advance button once to see the first term, and a second time to see the definition. If you know the word, click the Add to button in the learned words box. To start over with the list, you can clear the words learned list.

I hope this helps get you started!

Flashcord is pretty easy to use. First you need to set up a vocabulary list in the analysis tab of the details window. The best way to do that is by word count or by words in a book in my opinion. If you're just trying to learn common Greek NT vocab, do a search for all words that appear more than 100 times. That will give you 171 Greek terms using GNT-T. Then save the analysis tab as a plain text file.

In Flashcord, make sure you have it set to Greek and NOT Hebrew, then in the file menu, select open and open the text file. Then click the Advance button once to see the first term, and a second time to see the definition. If you know the word, click the Add to button in the learned words box. To start over with the list, you can clear the words learned list.

I hope this helps get you started!

Thank you so much, Robb!

It is so helpful. It works now.

more question is..

1. Is it possible to classify both words that I memorized and words that i need to study more? How should I do?

2. There is parsing blank. How can I use parsing with this Flashcord?

Kiho

Hello, Kiho,

I started adding quite a few features, including Unicode compatibility, but never made any of that into a releasable version. Flashcord is intended for the simple feature of quizzing words from an on-the-fly word list created in Accordance. There's no attempt for it to be a full-featured Flashcard program. It's just an aide to Accordance users. So, I apologize for it's shortcomings, but it operates under the DOTADIW ("do one thing, and do it well") philosophy.

I'm a little surprised by Robb's post to learn that I even released a version that allows you to mark words as learned. I quite certain I never tested it much. I hope it's working ok. :)

Your question about how to use the parsing option confuses me... doesn't the ReadMe file spell that out step by step?

Cheers,

Joe

Archived