Removed feature in 7.3

Brad Pribbenow

Hi there,

I downloaded the latest version of Accordance (7.3) last week and have just noticed an unfortunate change from previous versions. It seems that the format of the "NOUN, VERB, PREP, ADJ", etc. information that appears in that in the quick parsing window (can't remember it's actual name) has been changed. In the previous versions, that information was all CAPS. I'm talking about the designation of NOUN, VERB, ADJ, PREP, etc. (not a word's case, number, gender, etc.). I found the all caps format especially helpful to identify the basic designation of a word, primarily in Greek or Hebrew.

But with v.7.3 the formatting for that designation has now become similar to the rest of the parsing info (e.g. not all caps). Was this change intentional? Is it something you can please change back? Are you hearing from anyone else on this?

Accordance continues to be a real blessing to me and my study. It's a fabulous product and you provide excellent support. But if this one feature can be returned, I would be even more grateful!

Brad

~`~`~`~`~`

Fergus Falls, MN

I guess this is one of those occasions when I can publicly say "I told you so!"

This change was made deliberately at the request of some Greek scholarly colleagues, along with the ability to set the order of the grammatical tags in the Preferences/Arrange Tags. They felt it would look cleaner, but I knew that some would prefer to keep the old ALL CAPS parts of speech. Your is the first protest I have seen: if there are sufficient howls of protest it might be possible to make this another option in the Preferences.

• 3 weeks later...

How about boldfacing the parts of speech? We've tried it and it looks nice, but you'll have to wait a few months for the next release, sorry!

Will that stop the howls?

Archived