ESV Study Bible

Rick Yentzer

Just wanted to send a big thank you and to let you know I'm very excited about this being offered. Especially the ability to purchase just the study notes since I already have the ESVS.

Thanks so much!! :D

While I don't own a print edition of the ESV Study Bible, I have glanced through one

I was noticing the very same thing. In fact, I pulled up the NIV Study Bible notes for comparison, and I also noticed the tables in the ESV Study Bible are much better formatted. Not that I had any real complaints about previous table implementations, but these new ones look very nice.

Here's a question. In previous modules that used tables, the title of the table was often linked and clicking on it would open a separate window with just the table. I notice that none of the tables in the ESVSB are formatted this way. But opening up tables in a separate window allowed for better viewing of larger tables (and copying). I wonder if this is simply a non-issue with the way these new tables are formatted?

Rick,

Our earliest implementation of tables was relatively simple, with no wrapping of text within columns. This meant that the appearance of particularly wide tables could be thrown off when viewed in a narrow window. Our solution was to create a table hyperlink that would allow you to view a table in a non-wrapping window with a horizontal scroll bar. Now that our tables are more sophisticated and wrap within columns so that the appearance is preserved even in narrow windows, we've come to view the table hyperlink as unnecessary. If you all can convince us otherwise, we might consider dusting it off for future tools.

Just wanted to send a big thank you and to let you know I'm very excited about this being offered. Especially the ability to purchase just the study notes since I already have the ESVS.

Thanks so much!! :D

Add my thanks to that. No way I can buy the print version on the mission field in Zambia, so today I purchased the add-on to the ESVS I already had. I'd like to make a careful, considered intellectual comment on the new module but unfortunately all I can say is 'Wow!' This is Accordance at its best, great price, excellent content presented in the best possible way. Thank you so much.

If you all can convince us otherwise, we might consider dusting it off for future tools.

No need to. I had guessed as much, and the new tables look great.

Archived