Used Accordance Module Question

John Allard

I have noticed eBay coming up with some hits for Accordance modules lately. I've searched around to see what if any support is offered if someone were to buy used modules, but have not yet found an answer. I was also curious if the practice was officially discouraged or otherwise and if one of us were to buy a module from another Accordance user, would it be good to let you folks at Oak Tree know that. Thank you for your time.

Our policy is as follows:

When you purchase Accordance (program, CD-ROMs or modules), you are purchasing a license to use it for one computer or user.

If you upgrade, you are NOT entitled to sell or pass on the older versions to anyone else, unless you purchase the new ones for yourself at full price.

If you want to transfer your license to someone else, you, the registered owner, must inform us of that fact, so that we can transfer the ownership.

Thus, buying used Accordance modules is not something that we can support, unless we are contacted by the original owner in order to transfer the license.

• 6 years later...

How might this work in the case of death?

What I mean is that, over the years, I've invested quite a bit in Accordance and I would like to see that somebody else might receive my licensed materials if anything happens to me.

As long as someone lets us know that you can no longer use the modules you have, we can transfer them to a new owner.

Archived