NIV Questions

James Taylor

Hello,

Hoping to get a little clarification on the "Last Chance To Get The NIV 1984 & TNIV."

I currently have the following three bible texts:

NIV11 - Versin 1.0

TNIV - Version 1.3

NIV - Version 2.4

1 - I assume the NIV is the 1984?

2 - I think I read someplace I should backup the NIV and TNIV because they won't be available for download after this month?

3 - What is the best way to do that?

4 - Will these still be available for iOS?

5 - I assume they would have to be transferred by WiFi as they won't be available through download?

6 - Are NIV Notes & TNIV Notes in my Reference Tools affected as well?

Thanks for your time,

JT

1 - I assume the NIV is the 1984?

yes

2 - I think I read someplace I should backup the NIV and TNIV because they won't be available for download after this month?

3 - What is the best way to do that?

copy module(s) from Library/Application Support/Accordance/Modules/Texts to your desired backup location.

4 - Will these still be available for iOS?

yes

5 - I assume they would have to be transferred by WiFi as they won't be available through download?

correct

6 - Are NIV Notes & TNIV Notes in my Reference Tools affected as well?

yes

Edited by Rick Bennett

Thanks for your time Rick.

I backed up NIV and TNIV from the modules folder. I also backed up NIV Notes and TNIV Notes from the tools folder.

7 - Are these the only four files I need to back up?

8 - I noticed you have the New International Version 2011 and 1984 versions, with Today's NIV bundle on sale. Are there any files in that bundle besides NIV, NIV Notes, TNIV, TNIV Notes, NIV11, & NIV11 Notes ?

9 - I assume the NIrV will still be available after these titles stop selling?

Thanks again,

JT

If you have NIV-G/K, NIV Greek, NIV Hebrew these are on CDs you own so keep those.

Yes, we have not been asked to withdraw the NIrV so it should remain available.

That was an answer for anyone who has those modules. They were on the old NIV Complete, NIDNTT, and NIDOTTE CD-ROMs and the recent Zondervan Essential. There is no way to get them now unless a current user is willing to give them up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Alternatively, someone who owns the 1984 NIV and/or the TNIV could transfer their licenses to you. (There was some similar discussion of this topic here: http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7191.) However, I know that the Accordance team discourages this practice due to the complexities involved.

Sorry... I meant to post this in another thread! :-)

Edited by Matthew Burgess