how to print a few pages from a commentary w/o highlighting manually

Rick Conklin

Good morning!

Suppose I have the NIBC on the right pane of a workspace. In the browser I point to vol 17, 1 John. I'd like to print the introduction to 1 John. It's probably 8 - 9 pages long.

I am NOT interested in manually highlighting 9 pages.

** Is there a way to narrow down the contents that are displayed, so that I can then click print and only that introduction to 1 John prints?

Thanks

Rick Conklin

Wichita, KS

It's a little complicated but:

1. Have an asterisk in the entry box (it doesn't matter which field)

2. Set the Show popup menu to Articles

3. Option-click on the Introduction to 1 John in the browser (so it has a red bar beside it)

4. Press return or click the Search button

5. Print

• Like 1

Helen,

Thank you ! That is such a powerful tool. I experimented and found the ctrl-Option clears the red bar too! As a safety precaution, I printed to pdf-preview. Now I can print the article and write notes on it etc

You are a great resource. :)

Should I have been able to find that tip in Accordance Help anywhere ?

Thanks again.

Rick

Well, yes. The new Help is much easier to search. I looked for (at a guess) "print tool section" and the first result took me to this page which has an example of this very task:

Digging Deeper > Study Aids: Tools and Parallels > Using Tools > The Tool Browser and Tool Pane

• 4 months later...

Well, yes. The new Help is much easier to search. I looked for (at a guess) "print tool section" and the first result took me to this page which has an example of this very task:

Digging Deeper > Study Aids: Tools and Parallels > Using Tools > The Tool Browser and Tool Pane

It's a little complicated but:

1. Have an asterisk in the entry box (it doesn't matter which field)

2. Set the Show popup menu to Articles

3. Option-click on the Introduction to 1 John in the browser (so it has a red bar beside it)

4. Press return or click the Search button

5. Print

It seems that this is not working now in Version 10.

Stephen

Stephen:

I got it to work but a couple things have changed in v10.

Ignore step 1 - asterisk no longer needed

Step 2 - the Article selection is now accessed via the gear menu in the right hand corner of the window- just right of the font size change icons - Articles is accessed via the 'Show Text as . . ' menu item after clicking on the gear icon

Step 3, 4 & 5 as above

Hope that helps.

Stephen:

I got it to work but a couple things have changed in v10.

Ignore step 1 - asterisk no longer needed

Step 2 - the Article selection is now accessed via the gear menu in the right hand corner of the window- just right of the font size change icons - Articles is accessed via the 'Show Text as . . ' menu item after clicking on the gear icon

Step 3, 4 & 5 as above

Hope that helps.

Thanks Greg! Appreciate the response!

Stephen

• 4 years later...

Yes, there is!  Simply right-click on the article in the Table of Contents and select 'Print' - whichever complete article was selected will be printed.

• Like 4