Lenski in Accordance!

Jonathan C. Borland

I recently got the news flash that Lenski's heavyweight 20 vol. NT commentary is available with 17% discount for a limited time.

http://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=Lenski+NT+Commentary

Anyone picked it up yet or planning on picking it up? I really want it even though it's a bit dated.

I thought about it as it seemed like a good discount, but finally decided that I could live without it.

I would prefer to spend that sort of money on something more modern/recent/up-to-date.

I'm trying to move away from products from a Reformed perspective, and I read reviews of Lenski elsewhere that described him as Reformed.

For example, I have an almost complete set of the Hendriksen/Kistermaker NT commentary gathering dust on a shelf (and maybe looking for a good home?) I don't know how Lenski compares to Hendriksen/Kistermaker, but anyway in the end I decided that it wasn't for me. I'm sure Reformed and/or Lutheran scholars and pastors would rate it highly and snap it up immediately.

Still, it's good to see more and more modules being added to Accordance, even if this one is a little long in the tooth. :)

(Edit—Sorry, spelled Hendriksen incorrectly)

Edited by Alistair

The level of interaction with the Greek text is much deeper than in H-K (almost every word or grammatical concept that is discussed cross-references to Robertson's Greek grammar - with hyperlinks of course). Also, while Lutherans may be considered 'Reformed' in some sense, H-K are more on the Dutch / Presbyterian side so there will be differences theologically as well.

Hooray! I have used Lenski for years and just purchased it in Accordance. I planned on purchasing it the first day it was available but could not as I was leading a "Steps of Paul" tour to Greece and Turkey. To Alistair, I am not Reformed but find Lenski's insights into the Greek text to be immensely helpful. I encourage anyone to consider the value of this set.