Library management

Ken Han

I'd like it if deleting something from the Library pane will also erase it in the Finder. For example, when I erase a saved workspace, user imported modules, etc. in the Library, it's likely I no longer want them around. Having Accordance automatically manage my unwanted content will be very convenient.

Would you want the same thing to happen to text and tool modules? If not, the behavior would be inconsistent. And what if you accidentally removed the wrong thing (like user notes file) and it was deleted forever? I agree that getting rid of unwanted workspaces is a little inefficient, but I'm not sure if automatic removal from the finder would be a good idea.

Maybe this could be a settings preference. Or Accordance could ask if the file should be moved to the trash, like iTunes does. That would be useful.

Good points. But Accordance already asks for confirmation when you try to delete anything from the Library. So there's at least some safety net there for things like user notes, etc. I guess I'm fine with text modules as well, since if anything is accidentally erased, I can always easy install it.

Good points. But Accordance already asks for confirmation when you try to delete anything from the Library. So there's at least some safety net there for things like user notes, etc. I guess I'm fine with text modules as well, since if anything is accidentally erased, I can always easy install it.

Maybe something like iTunes where it asks if you want to move files to the trash too? I'd like that too…

post-5629-0-28172400-1372443460_thumb.png

• Like 2

I like your suggestion Rick. It is system consistent, and makes more sense in the end that if you ask for something to be removed, that removing the file should at least be an option. It's helpful that it only puts it in the trash, rather than deletes it outright. Until you empty the trash you can always change your mind. Having easy install as a backup for nearly all the modules is also a great safety net of course.

Edited by Ken Simpson

I like your suggestion Rick. It is system consistent, and makes more sense in the end that if you ask for something to be removed, that removing the file should at least be an option. It's helpful that it only puts it in the trash, rather than deletes it outright. Until you empty the trash you can always change your mind. Having easy install as a backup for nearly all the modules is also a great safety net of course.

Yeah, seems logical; we'll have to see what Joel or others say.

From my point of view, I'd love this feature; I'm always installing modules for testing whose names inevitably are changed. Even if I take the time to delete them from the library, I never take more time to go to my modules folder (I'd bet I have a couple gigs of deprecated modules!). It's also the reason why my search all never works…too many old modules Accordance can't find. :)