link questions

pandakruon

1. How do I set things up so that every time I click a link it opens in a new tab?

2. How do I copy an entire list of links (for instance a group of Scripture references in Cross References) and then paste them somewhere as, not just the link, but the full content behind the link.

Alternately, how do I click on a whole list of links and make them show in a new tab as the full contents of all those links?

The whole problem kind of stems from the fact hyperlinks don't consistently do the same thing: some times they open up new tabs; sometimes they jump to new content in that same tab; sometimes they open up new workspaces.

I know Accordance is highly customizable, so I'm just trusting that the problem is with me.

Thanks for the help.

There are different kinds of links. Please see the Help files:

Digging Deeper > Study Aids: Tools and Parallels > Using Tools > Using Links in Tools

Links to other articles in the same tool will always jump to them in the same tab, and you can use the Prior button at the bottom to return to where you were.

Links that open another window will open a new tab unless:

• There is no space for the tab, in which case they will open a new workspace, or
  • There is a suitable tab open set to correct module and "field" i.e. Entry, Contents, etc., and set to recycle the contents.

You cannot copy a set of just references and include the text in the copy. You can command-click on a reference to open a Text tab displaying all the references in that paragraph in full, and then copy the text from there.

I hope this helps.