Copy and Paste bug

Mortensen

Since the update to 10.2 yesterday, I can no longer copy the Bible text from Japanese nor Scandinavian characters such as ø, ð, á, í, ó, ý, into word or mellel. Those characters become scrambled. However, somehow it works if I copy the text first to my accrdance note, and then to word or mellel. I hope this bug can be fixed.

Keep up the good work.

Mortensen

I am having the same problem copying Greek text and pasting into a text document. The formatting is shatttered and charachters are inserted. This is a critical need for me as it's a part of my daily work pasting the text from Accordace!

Hey — I just gave this a try. I copied (⌘C) a few verses of GNT28-T and pasted (⌘P) into Text Edit. It copied perfectly. Something else is going on here.

Accordance 10.2

OS 10.8.4

2013 MacBook Air i7

Edited by Julie Falling

I'm not able to reproduce this, either. How are you doing the Copy? And could you post your Preferences -> Export settings?

I am unable to post the screenshots of my export preferences and the pasted text with errors. I keep getting a message that the format is unsupported in this forum, regardless of the file format I use.

How can I post my screenshots?

Here is a link to the export preferences and a link to the pasted output with those settings changed:

Export settings:

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd452/justin4jesus/ScreenShot2013-07-25at52446AM.png

Pasted text:

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd452/justin4jesus/ScreenShot2013-07-25at54524AM.png

Justin,

Sorry for your troubles!

I think I recreated the problems with pasting text using non Unicode Helena into OpenOffice 4.0.0, Is this new to 10.2? (I don't think we changed anything about non Unicode exporting)

Here is my recreation in Open Office:

OpenOffice%20Paste.png

Mike

Edited by Mike Garrity

Thanks for the replies. Since the new Update (10.2.1) this problem no longer occurs for me. Wonderful

Hallur

I am having the following problems with copy and pasting...see attached jpeg.

I cannot copy and paste Helena without paragraph markers for the Greek "p" - unless I change the DEFAULT font under export to Times New Roman, but I prefer to use Arial.

I cannot copy and paste the SBL Greek font into Word without it showing up as Helena.

post-100-0-47895900-1375465174_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chris Regas

Hi Chris,

copying and pasting unicode (the best thing to do) without a font set up in the preferences will paste in the current font in Word (or LibreOffice etc). Have you tried setting SBL Greek as your export font? That should produce your desired result without the extra step.

post-29509-0-45378100-1375483436_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

Chris: You should update to 10.2.4.

I do not think that your Unicode export is working in all the cases in your image above. Please send me an email or a PM and arrange to screenshare.

Copy and paste still broken after updates to 10.2.4.

The work around I've been using is to paste into OSX Textedit first, then carry over to my editor of choice. For some reason that works. I was able to paste directly into Open Office until the 10.2 update.

Something is broken within Accordance at this point but a workaround is easy, albeit a nuisance.

• 1 month later...

I am still having the same problem when not using a unicode font such as Yehudit or Helena. I have also been having problems with importing Hebrew with Times New Roman where whole Hebrew words get placed in reverse order or sometimes all the letters are in reverse order.

2Kings 14:2 b;RN_oRcVrîyM w◊jDmEv vDnÎh hDyDh bVmDlVkwø w◊oRcVrîyM wÎtEvAo vDnÎh mDlAKJ b;Iyrw…vDlDÊM w◊vEM aIm;wø y◊hwøoAd;îyN ]y◊hwøoAd;∂N[ mIN_y◊rw…vDlDÊM: