Possible Display Bug in Library Pane

twbeining

EDIT: Accordance 10.2 OS X 10.8.4

In the Library Pane if I click on the "More" button in Texts it will expand the texts as expected. If I then click on the "Less" button everything in the Library Pane totally disappears.

If you go to the bottom of the Pane and click on Show All or one of the other choices everything in the Library Pane reappears. Also if you close the Library Pane and reopen it everything will reappear.

Could just be something wrong with my app or could be a bug in general.

Could someone please try this and confirm this?

Tim

Edited by twbeining

I just tried it and it works ok for me. I'm on 10.2 Acc on 10.8.3 OSX.

Thx

D

I can get this to happen. The library pane is showing what is beyond the end of the library. If you scroll up it will show the library as normal.

It seems to do this if you have a long text list - I have a number in folders and if I close the folders than the problem is not so obvious in that it still shows some of the bottom sections of the library.

Some further checking has shown that if your library list as a whole is short (in my case only showing folders) again the 'problem' happens because everything 'shifts up', if that makes sense.

I gave it a try and had no problems. Accordance 10.2 OS 10.8.4 2013 MacBook Air

Interesting I have the same setup but 2010 Macbook Pro

Here is the library before

post-30494-0-14430300-1373907096_thumb.png

Here is the library with the texts extended

post-30494-0-58861600-1373907134_thumb.png

And here after 'less' is clicked

post-30494-0-64759800-1373907191_thumb.png

As you can see the scroll bar is not at the top and no library details are displayed

Daniel, Julie and Steve I have a question.

Do you have Workspaces that you created yourself?

I just updated my MBP to 10.2 and it is doing the same thing. I wonder if custom made Workspaces might have something to do with it.

Tim

Steve,

I am getting exactly the same results as your show in the pictures.

Tim

Hi Tim,

I probably have half a dozen or more save workspaces in my Favorites. Not sure - kind of lost count.

I suspect its its a screen size issue - I'm on a 27" iMac. That said I think Julie's on a new Air so that would be a counterexample to my theory.

Its clearly busted in some cases anyway. Will let you know if I get more time for testing later.

Thx

D

I wonder if custom made Workspaces might have something to do with it.

I don't think it is anything to do with this. I have tried it on custom workspaces and on a new unsaved workspace and both have the same issue.

Personally I think it is to do with how many rows of library are displayed at the time in comparison to how may rows there are displayed in the texts.

So if there are 20 rows showing in the library then you expand the text which now shows say 60 rows then you press the less button the library shifts up by 40 rows which makes it 'disappear' beyond to top of the library pane.

If the library has more rows showing than the 60 then when it shifts up it does not disappear.

Factored into this is probably the size of the screen because I can get it to display some rows or none at all depending on exactly what position the 'less' button is on the screen when I press it. So if it press it when it is near the top of the screen the library disappears but if I press it when it is near the bottom of the screen some of the library is still available to view.

Edited by Steve King

Steve,

The Workspaces thing was a guess and I think it was a wrong guess.

I think you may be on to something here. I just tried doing what you mentioned above and some of the bottom of the Library list does show. This is on a 21.5" iMac. Did not test this with my MBP 13" yet. I will check it out later today when I get back in town.

Tim

I just got the Library to go blank. I created a new workspace with just a few verses in it. I opened the Library, and option-clicked to open all the folders. That gave me a really long list of stuff. I clicked More to get all the texts. Then clicked Less —> the Library contents seemed to disappear. However, when I scrolled to move the Library contents down, it was there again with all the folders closed. When I tried the same thing again with the same workspace, I was unable to reproduce the blank Library.

Then I created another workspace. It opened in Gen. I didn't limit the text. I fully expanded my Library with a couple of option-clicks and then More. When I clicked Less, Accordance behaved normally. When I option-clicked my top Texts folder, the Library window went blank. As before, when I scrolled to pull the Library back down where it could be viewed, it was there with all the folders closed. When I repeated the procedure, the glitch didn't show up.

I also tried with a custom workspace. I fully expanded my Library as before. Clicked Less, but this time option-clicked my top Tools folder. The Library Window went black with no visible scroll bar, but was easily recovered when I pulled it back in place. This behavior I can reproduce over and over in the same window. It doesn't matter how much of a text or tool is displayed or whether or not it is a custom workspace or a new workspace.

1 - Option-click your top Texts folder.
2 - Option-click your top Tools folder.
3 - Click More.

4 - Click Less.

5 - Option-click your top Tools folder.

Edited by Julie Falling

Hmm, Maybe the Workspace thing wasn't totally a wrong guess!

I noticed that when I updated to 10.2 on both machines that my Workspaces that I created did not come along over from 10.1.x. I brought them over myself on my iMac and that is when I noticed the problem. Interestingly, I did not copy the custom Workspaces to my MBP and the Library Pane is still doing the same thing.

I wonder if it might not be a tie between the Workspaces and what Steve was talking about above. But nonetheless whatever it is needs to be looked into.

I wonder if someone from Accordance could jump in here and help us figure this one out.

Tim

OK, Just got home about 30 minutes ago. I just now checked my MBP 13" and get the exact same results with it. The only difference is I can see no text at the top of the Library Pane because of the smaller screen. However I can go to the top of the empty Library Pane, same as on the iMac and start to scroll and the text in the Library Pane reappears.

Tim