Handling Misspelled Searches

Randy Steffens Jr

My recollection of Accordance versions prior to 10.2 was that if a misspelled word was entered while in default verse search mode, Accordance would automatically switch to a word search and give me the opportunity to select a correctly spelled word. The current behavior is different. Now when a misspelled word is entered in a verse search, a popup appears telling me there is no book by that name. In other words, Accordance only switches to word search mode for words that are correctly spelled.
Since Accordance can intelligently identify whether we intend a word search or verse search, some further thought needs to be given to what happens when accordance finds a misspelled word in verse search mode. It would be better to automatically be taken to word search mode, and given the opportunity to choose a correct word, rather than Accordance automatically supposing I misspelled a book name. This makes sense because it is quite a bit more likely that a person will misspell an attempted word search, than misspell the book name in an attempted verse search.
What do you think?
Randy