Duplicate Hermeneia titles

R. Mansfield

I bought the Hermeneia upgrade today. After installing them, I notice that I have duplicates of Hermeneia OT, Hermeneia NT, and Hermeneia Pseudepigrapha in the Library window.

Evidently, the older modules were not replaced in the install. Can I simply delete the old ones in the Library window, or are there any actual differences that would make me want to keep both?

If I delete the old ones, are they going to continue to show up in Easy Install? I could see where this might be confusing if doing a completely new install and both sets are there.

Thanks for any help.

Highlights would not transfer to the new versions.

I bought the Hermeneia upgrade today. After installing them, I notice that I have duplicates of Hermeneia OT, Hermeneia NT, and Hermeneia Pseudepigrapha in the Library window.

Evidently, the older modules were not replaced in the install. Can I simply delete the old ones in the Library window, or are there any actual differences that would make me want to keep both?

If I delete the old ones, are they going to continue to show up in Easy Install? I could see where this might be confusing if doing a completely new install and both sets are there.

Thanks for any help.

I deleted mine and got this:

post-29901-0-79007800-1374640293_thumb.png

This is also the case for the NIVAC update from Prophets to OT, by the way.

After updating to NIVAC OT and then removing the NIVAC Prophets, Easy Install indicates that I am missing Prophets and offers me a chance to install.

Chuck, I haven't updated the NIVAC yet as it's more expensive to do so, but I had a similar issue to what you describe when I went from buying the NAC commentaries in sections to having the whole series. Once I had the whole series, I asked if I could just have the one complete module. When I noticed the older sections still showing up in Easy Install after I had deleted them, I asked OakTree to remove the smaller sets from my record of sales so they wouldn't show up in Easy Install. I imagine you could probably ask them to do the same for you with the NIVAC Old Testament.

The biggest problem with the issue of the updated Hermeneia titles is that they have the exact same name as the old titles. And I can't ask for the old set to be taken off my records because they contain volumes that were not part of the update. But to have older and newer titles with the exact same name is confusing, and I believe it will be even more confusing any time I go to perform a new install of Accordance. We've had updates to titles before, but I don't remember ever having two separate modules with the same name appearing in the Library or Easy Install.

We have now ensured that the older modules will not appear for Easy Install after the newer volumes are installed. It's a simple database fix (with the newer versions of Accordance). It works because we have in fact changed the module names, as we have to do for paid upgrades.

Off topic but related to this week's Accordance sale, I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with ZEC - New Testament. Would this commentary set compliment BECNT and Pillar or is it more of the same? Thanks.