I was looking at combined texts just now and have a couple of questions.
I was toying with the idea of using the Devotional Readings tool with Greek texts to provide a range of Greek material to read. I noticed that the Ctrl-click (this is Windows 10.1.3 beta 4) would open all the refs in one go. So I set the tool primary text to GNT28-T and the secondary to LXX1. Wasn't sure that this would fly but figured it was worth a try. Indeed it does not exactly fly. It opens one tab in GNT28-T and recycles it so in fact you don't get the OT refs. OK I worked around it another way and that does work, but then I remembered I'd seen Combined Texts somewhere. I found they were only available in the Add Parallel popup.
1. Why are Combined Texts not usable anywhere a regular text is, issues of tagging aside ? For example I cannot open a tab with a Combined Text as far as I know.
2. I would have liked to be able to set the tool display for the devotionals to the combined LXX + GNT28 but I cannot. Is there any way to do this ?
3. Given 1 and 2 are not possible, what exactly is the intended use of combined texts ?
4. Under Manage Combined Texts one sees a specific set of such texts. It is possible to delete entries but not to add new ones. Why is it that the set is restricted and why is deletion permitted if you cannot add items ?
5. Could you point me to the documentation for this feature ? I did try to search for information on these in the help but did not find it.