Accordance 10.2.2 without Dropbox.

Daniel Saunders

Hi,

Accordance 10.2.2 just arrived in the App Store this morning ... great. I'm really looking forward to trying out some of the new features.

However, when I opened Accordance it popped up a window asking me to setup a link to Dropbox, and at the moment I can't see why I'd want to. Is there any way to use Accordance 10.2.2 without using Dropbox? If I just click 'done' the window keeps flickering and I need to 'Force Quit' to get out of Accordance.

Thanks,

Daniel

• Like 1

I am having the same problem.

Edited by Warren Bennett III

We will post a fix ASAP, but in the meantime you can delete the General preferences and run through the setup again, choosing not to sync to DropBox. The problem is that for the Mac AppStore version the files are "sandboxed" and to get to them you have drill down to this folder:

/Users/[your user]/Library/Containers/com.OakTree.MAS.Accordance/Data/Library/Application Support/Accordance/Accordance Preferences

and remember that the Library is invisible unless you press option as you open the Go menu in the Finder.

You can also paste the path into the Go to Folder dialog available at the bottom of the Go menu.

Brilliant Helen!

Just opened the directory that you said, deleted the 'General' file, and away things went.

Another great thing I discovered was the option 'File->Open Autosaved Session'. This got me back to the last way I had Accordance setup...how long has that been there?

We've had autosave sessions since 10.1, but you had to find them in your Accordance Files folder to load specific ones. In 10.2 we moved them out of the Accordance Files folder, but added the menu option to find them more easily.

This thread is most off-putting for me thinking about whether to accept the 10.2.2 upgrade. I'd like to have the fix for the spotty triangle problem, but I don't want to be bugged about dropbox - something I don't use and have no interest in using. Any advice?

Nick,

It worked fine for me once I went in and deleted the 'General' file from the Accordance settings directory (see Helen's post).

If there's a bug in your current version, I reckon it's safe to take the plunge.

Daniel

I think that you will be OK with the App Store version if you choose not to sync with DropBox.

10.2.2? Is the App Store version not the same as the one I get using Accordance to check for an update? Accordance tells me I'm up to date.

The App Store version does not always match the version number sold directly by OakSoft.

Thanks, Michael. A bit confusing, that.

Well, to put it a bit clearly, if the versions match, the version numbers will match. Usually, due to the delayed release by App Store updates, the MAS version will have some bug fixes or changes, so we can't call it the same version as the non-MAS release. Then, by the time the 'normal' one is released, there have been more changes, so its another version bump, and it ends up skipping the MAS version number. We're hoping to get the numbers a bit more in sync, but thats why/how it happens.

• Like 1

Thanks Joel!

Yes, Joel, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

No retina support yet? Hmmm... My next laptop surely will be retina one, so I hope by that time Accordance will catch up. And boy how I want reworked highlighter system on both Mac and iOS!