Suzette in NC

Just purchased a new Macbook air. (Already have an old macbook with Accordance 9 on it, so I already have an account.) I purchased the Accordance 10 starter for the new computer and downloaded it from the website. I dragged the Accordance icon over to the applications folder. Problem is when I click on the Accordance icon now, all that comes up is my finder window that says "Where is the file for the 'NKJV' text?" And it doesn't show that anything is really in the file folder.

Did I do something wrong? Where is Accordance 10? Help, please! Thanks!

Does Accordance open? Did you run Easy Install?

You might want to check and see if you have your modules: Finder>Option-Go>Library>Application Support>Accordance>Modules. Is there anything in your Texts or Tools folders?

Are you liking your Air? I got mine July 3rd and love it. You don't even have to think about your battery. It just goes and goes. Makes the Energizer Bunny look like a slouch.

Accordance doesn't open so I couldn't run Easy Install.

So I go to finder, but I don't see Option-Go anywhere? How did you find that?

Just got the Air yesterday, still trying to get things transferred over. :wacko: The battery seems to be doing great, though!

Suzette — That's OptionKey + Go. The option key is next to the ⌘ key. Did you check to make sure Accordance is in your Applications folder? If it installed properly, it should be there and you probably got the icon in your dock at the same time.

It shows up in my applications folder, but when I click on it all that shows up is this:

post-30372-0-86765200-1376152962_thumb.png

Also, you said option-go. I hate to sound stupid, but where is the "go" you're talking about?

In the Finder, it is at the top of your screen. Hold the option key as you click on it, and it will allow you to open your Library.

You're not sounding stupid. This is where you get questions answered. If you click on your desktop, you should be in Finder. (Look in the upper left corner of your screen, next to the little Apple icon). That will always tell you what Application you're in at the moment.) If it says Finder, you're good. While still in Finder, locate Go in the Menu Bar (the strip that runs along the top of your screen). If you click Go while holding down the Option Key, you will see an icon with Library next to it. Click on that then follow the path above. I suspect that your modules are not installed.

If there are no modules there, click on the Accordance icon in your Dock again. When you get the window looking for NKJV, tell it to cancel. Without clicking on anything else do up to Accordance in the Menu Bar, and down to Easy Install. Log-in to your account and all your stuff will download.

Keep posting back. If we can't get it resolved via the forums, the tech folks at Accordance can set up a screen share and get everything up and running quickly. I've had their help a couple of times and they're the very best.

One addition to your Air I would recommend if you con't have it is an ethernet adaptor. I tried to migrate from my old MacBook Pro to the Air without it and ran into problems. I got it all resolved but lost a day doing it. Not fun. Now I use it when connected to a non-Apple external monitor and it does speed up downloads. You should should not need it for this process, but it's good to have on hand.

Edited by Julie Falling

In the Finder there is a Go menu in the menu bar. Press option as you open the menu to make the Library item appear.

Okay, figured out what y'all said. Thank you! There is NOTHING in the text or tools.

I found where I could do the easy install. It was going great and then a note came up and said,

"There was an error attempting to download the file via FTP. Please contact technical support."

Argh!

Suzette — Yes, that's aggravating. But on the up side, technical support is really good. Once you get this issue resolved, you probably won't have problems again. Are you new to the Mac?

No, new to the macbook air, though. We have an old white macbook. Still don't know all of the shortcuts on that one. I just do the basics. I was just on the new one trying to figure out all of the two finger/three finger/zoom/whatever....! One day I'll learn.

So how do I get the technical support?

Here's the link. An email and a phone number.

http://www.accordancebible.com/Support

If you're not watching the podcasts, you're missing out.

I also recommend CheatSheet (https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/43222/cheatsheet) — free and helps you learn the keyboard shortcuts.

I was watching the podcasts until they upgraded to Accordance 10. I'll need to start again.

Looks like I can't get any technical support until Monday, unfortunately.

Thanks for all your help!

You are welcome. I'm sorry we couldn't get it done here and that you have to wait.

The FTP error will often go away if you restart Accordance and try again. As long as you don't restart the Mac, anything you have already downloaded will be there and the download will resume.

I went back in and it started again. This time it went through and said it was a complete download. Then I tried to open it and nothing happened but that same screen I showed before. I checked in the finder and found it had downloaded one text (Spanish) and 6 tools. It also told me when I tried again that it didn't download the Scholar 8.

I would keep trying, perhaps at a different location and network. You may need personal help from our tech support team.

You two ladies have been great! Thanks for all your help. I'll be calling the support team first thing tomorrow morning. Anxious to be able to use Accordance 10!

Suzette — Helen is the expert. Tech support will resolve all these issues you're having with Accordance. I've never encountered anything they couldn't fix.

Woo hoo! I have Accordance! Thanks to Keith....

You folks at Accordance are great!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi, I'm having similar trouble downloading updates. Can anyone help me out please?

I'm running version 10.4.2.1 and am trying to update these modules: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7e5p733a7w6ocfp/Screenshot%202015-08-13%2012.17.40.png?dl=0

But I get this error: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fvghj8ybiq7c9rb/Screenshot%202015-08-13%2012.18.00.png?dl=0

What might be wrong with my system?

I'm running OS X 10.10.4

I tried turning off the firewall but I got the same thing.

Thanks, Luke.

post-32487-0-28733500-1439432436_thumb.png

post-32487-0-68709500-1439432438_thumb.png

You must install the latest free update to Accordance 10.4.5, or better, upgrade to version 11. Earlier versions of 10 had a lot of problems with downloads.

Excuse me,

I have a problem.

When I open the program Accordance or any Bible text (e.g. ASV or BHS etc…), appears a message: „Where is the file for the „ASV” text? (or something like that). Probably I made a mistake. How can I resolve this problem? Or if it is not possible, how can I uninstall Accordace and re-install it? I will not lose products previously purchased?

Please help me

Thank you

Arnold Zawadzki

P.S. My version of Accordance 11.0 e imac OS X  Yosemite 10.10

Edited by arold73

You can certainly delete Accordance and reinstall it, though you may lose any User Content (User Notes, User Tools, highlights, etc.) you have created. Just download everything from your online account.

there is another way. Contact technical support ((407) 339-0266, M-F from 9 AM-6 PM Eastern) and ask them to walk you through it.