Accordance 9.6.6 update issue.

Daniel  Francis

I have my old iMac G5, and i use accordance on it occasionally. I was updating the files today and noticed E. M. Bounds and Saint Patrick were refusing to install. I removed the files from the Library and placed the files in the trash. And attempted to use easy install. it gave me an error telling me it could not be installed. I tried copying the updated files from my MacBook Pro and was told these were not valid Accordance files, I then tried restoring the trashed files. E M Bounds worked fine but St. Patrick demanded an unlock code which I do not have. I have had the Saint Patrick module from the moment of it's release.

-dan

This thread mentions the same problem. The Accordance folks indicate that they are working on the known issue of modules containing the period character in their names.

Thank you for informing me of the known issue…. except doesn't tell me why Accordance 9 no longer thinks I own St. Patrick..

-Dan

Edited by DWFrancis

The folks at HQ should be able to fix that. :rolleyes:

I am going to offer a guess here that the newer versions of these modules are incompatible with the version of Accordance you are running on your old G5. I know we had to update a number of them recently, so they'd run with some of the newer features in our software.

I suggest you drag the old modules out of the trash and place them back in the appropriate folders. At least you'll be able to have access to them this weekend, until someone at tech support can let you know for sure.

The current version of St. Patrick is the new format ST. Patrick.atool, dated 7/12/13, version 1.6

Similarly: E. M. Bounds.atool, 7/9/13, version 1.3

I went ahead and bought the classics II and Warfield refuses to install on 10.2.1 but installed without issue on 9.6.6 G5….

-Dan

Edited by DWFrancis