Easy Install Fails to Complete

Samuel W Carmack

I have upgraded from Library 6 to Essentials via Library 9. Easy install worked great on my iMac; however, it failed to complete when installing on my Macbook Pro (OS 10.8.4, retina), running Accordance 10.2.1. Easy Install Message: Library 9 Premier Level (Lib9-P) / Purchased on Monday, August 5... / Installation Status Incomplete / Remaining Download Size 28.3 / Missing Items NET Notes. When I try to compete install Accordance (clicking on Download) Accordance either crashes after download and pressing install or stops with this message. Since having this problem I have purchased NAC commentary. It installed without problem.

I have tried:

1) restarting program

2) restarting computer

3) different wireless network

4) ethernet connection

Samuel Carmack

There are known download issues, I was told it was only with modules with a period in the name but my guess is this is a related issue..

-Dan

Hi Sam,

Dan may be correct, but before we go there, could you

a) search your library for NET Notes. (put "Net Notes" in the library search bar) and see if Accordance thinks it is installed already. Easy install could be showing it needs installation when it doesn't. That's a separate problem,

B) search your modules for the Net Notes module and tell us how big the module is (if it's there). If you know how to do this, that's fine, else copy and paste the following line into terminal, and then just paste immediately onto the forum the result. This command puts the result onto the clipboard for you, so you just have to do a paste after running it.

ls -l ~/Library/Application\ Support/Accordance/Modules/Tools/NET\ Notes* | pbcopy

you should see something like this when you paste

-rw-r--r--@ 1 kens staff 45557551 15 May 04:53 NET Notes

I am having the same issue and Net Notes is not in the modules. Just got Bible Study Collection Accordance 10 everything installed but Net Notes. Not in Library.

Edited by LDCooke

Hi LD,

do you mean it's not in the library, or not in the modules folder (as in using the terminal command) or neither?

We have a known issue for some people with NET Notes install. We are looking into it. Please just wait until it gets fixed.

Thanks, Helen.

I love Accordance Bible and sure you will solve it.

Ken, tried the Terminal request. I had already deleted NET Notes from Modules. The Terminal confirmed it's deletion.

Thanks

OK - Helen's answer is the definitive one (as it usually is :) )

Edited by Ken Simpson
  • Like 1

Just noticed a difference between my iMac and Macbook Pro when running Easy Install:

iMac shows a history of downloads (grayed out). Macbook Pro does not show a history. It only shows "Library 9 Premier Level" (black font).

I am now running 10.2.3.

Edited by swcarmackv

This is just determined by whether you have checked the Hide Installed Items. The Library Premier is black because some modules haven't installed. We are working on the issue of the NET Notes.

Easy Install now works on my iMac and Powerbook. Apparently 10.2.4 killed the bug. :)