Drobox Sync between two Dropbox Accounts

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

I have Accordance installed on my personal MacBook pro and my iPad.

I am also beta testing Accordance on the windows machine at the church I serve. I was ecstatic when Dropbox syncing was announced, but I have since realized that my setup is problematic. I have a personal Dropbox account, and the church has one. I share a lot of folders between the two, but they are separate accounts.

Short of creating a separate user account on the Windows machine which would connect to my Dropbox account, is there a way to Dropbox sync with MY account in accordance when the Dropbox folder on the machine is set for the church's account? Alternatively, is there a way to store User Notes and User Tools in a folder other than Dropbox/Apps/Accordance and have Accordance update the tools in that alternative location?

I've tried sharing the Accordance folder in Apps, but Dropbox told me that was not allowed.

Lorinda

What Dropbox account you link to Accordance is independent of which account is linked to the Windows desktop client.

Accordance only supports user content inside of the Dropbox/Apps/Accordance folder. It's the only folder we are allowed to write into.

So do I understand correctly that I can link my Accordance installation to my personal Dropbox account even if the Windows desktop client is linked to the church account? If so, that would be wonderful.

As a side note, I have no difficulty saving Accordance files (workspaces, reference lists, etc.) to other folders in Dropbox, so the user can save things elsewhere in Dropbox, but I understand that Accordance itself can only save the "synced" files to that folder.

Lorinda

So do I understand correctly that I can link my Accordance installation to my personal Dropbox account even if the Windows desktop client is linked to the church account? If so, that would be wonderful.

Yes. Accordance is a separate client to Dropbox and is independent of whether or not you have a Dropbox client installed on your computer.

As a side note, I have no difficulty saving Accordance files (workspaces, reference lists, etc.) to other folders in Dropbox, so the user can save things elsewhere in Dropbox, but I understand that Accordance itself can only save the "synced" files to that folder.

Lorinda

As a user you have full access and rights to your Dropbox. As a client app, we only have access to a single folder in a specific location.