Upgrade to 10.2.3

Julia Falling

Hey — I upgraded to 10.2.3 this morning. Seemed to go OK. The Dropbox syncing wanted to resolve a bunch of conflicts that didn't look like conflicts to me, so I told Accordance to resolve the rest automatically.

However, when everything was finished and my session restored, my Journal was missing all the entries since last Sunday. Is there anyway to recover them without using TimeMachine? I didn't back up yesterday after my Accordance time. This is also making me wonder what else I might have lost.

In the future, I will duplicate my Accordance folder before upgrading. I've never had anything like this happen before with an upgrade.

MacBook Air 1.7 GHz i7

512 SSD 8GB RAM

OS 10.8.4

Accordance 10.2.3

A User Tool.

Edit: I have something called "2013 Daily Reading & Prayer" — a User Tool. It is in a saved Workspace called "Journal."

Edited by Julie Falling

OK. Do you normally have Dropbox set up to sync automatically? If so, then your changes may be in a previous version of the user tool that can be recovered from your Dropbox. You'll have to go directly to your Dropbox online at Dropbox.com, navigate to the User Tools folder in your Dropbox/Apps/Accordance folder and look for the option to see previous versions.

The larger issue is why after updating to v10.2.3, the syncing algorithm decided the version in Dropbox was newer than the one installed locally. Did you make changes to this user tool on a different computer since last Sunday?

Edited by Scott Knapp

Scott — I have chosen to sync with Dropbox automatically.

No. This user tool is only modified on my laptop. I modify User Notes on laptop and desktop, but the Journal exclusively on the Air.

I did manage to recover using TimeMachine. When this sort of thing happens, I really see the value of having local back-ups!

There is some sort of issue going on here. I don't know enough to track it down. This really is the first time I've had a problem with an upgrade in nearly 10 years of using Accordance.

Thanks for your help.