Default Modules Location

Ed Cross

This may have been discussed before. I did a quick search, but could not find it. So please excuse if it is a repeat.

I am running low on space on my boot drive, is it possible to move the location of the modules directory to another drive?

Pastor Edward Cross

You will have to point Accordance to any modules that you move, so I would either move the entire Accordance folder with the program and modules, or just move some of the larger modules. If you do the former, remember to point any installer to the other drive so that it can find Accordance there.

If you only use your Mac in one language (as the vast majority of users do), you may benefit from removing localization resources that are never used with a free utilty like Monolingual. I have saved hundreds of megabytes on several machines this way, but read all the caveats carefully.

Thanks for the replies.

I have moved the entire Accordance folder over to my RAID array with a copy on an external firewire drive. The results are great. The RAID array is 3.5 times faster than a single drive. Accordance performance just zings along.

Pastor Ed Cross

Archived