Sync library organization

Bob Kuo

With my Accordance library on iOS and going to be on Windows soon, I'd love it if the way our library is organized could also be synced. It may sound silly, but I spent a good deal of time organizing the modules by putting them in several layers of folders. I'd rather not do that for each computer or device I install it on.

This might be difficult given that one device or machine might have only a subset of the other. Another difficulty might be how to resolve conflicts between two devices that have different library organizations.

+1

It's a pain to organize it all. I ended up sitting my laptop right next to my desktop and making the Library organization match. The chances of both machines dying at once and losing that stuff is slim, right? I probably ought to take a bunch of screen shoots and save them in my DropBox.

Then there are all the custom displays . . .

Of course there would need to be some major changes to the way the iOS can organise modules too. No subfolders/dividers at the moment anyhow.

Interesting idea for across desktops though. I wonder what could be done with orphaned modules or missing modules....

(Quiet Ken, not your department)

I agree that it would be nice to have folders and a less tedious way to bring a few new modules from the bottom to near the top of each list. My current workaround when I need to sync a lot of modules to the iOS is to remove most of the ones that are there, and then sync. This does preserve the order that I have on the Mac.

• Like 1

My current workaround when I need to sync a lot of modules to the iOS is to remove most of the ones that are there, and then sync. This does preserve the order that I have on the Mac.

Great tip! Didn't know that!