New Jerusalem Bible update request

Michael J. Bolesta

Another thread has requested supplementary material on several translations (introduction, translator lists, etc).

In looking at the New Jerusalem Bible, it does not even have the notes prepared by the translators. The print English editions have these as well as book and section introductions that are helpful.

Please consider adding these notes to the NJB.

Thanks.

• Like 2

I would love this… Logos and Wordsearch both have the readers edition of notes in their edition on there copies, the Logos has the book introductions and outlines and the WS edition has the front matter as well as book intros. I personally would gladly pay an upgrade price to get the full edition notes.

-Dan

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Bump.

Just spoke to a colleague in Europe. The NJB is used in their worship service, and he too would find the notes and introductions helpful. He is a longtime Accordance user.

Edited by Michael J. Bolesta
  • Like 1

No one to best of my knowledge has the full edition with it's wonderful notes it would be quite the coupe for Accordance to have it.

-Dan

• Like 2

My friend also mentioned this edition. I do not know if there is an e-text of it or if it includes the NJB notes. The interesting part is that it includes the Grail Psalms, which have been requested in other threads.

http://www.ctsbooks.org/new-catholic-bible-flexi-bound-blue-1

• Like 2

Yes, please!

And thank you to Michael, Dan, Fr. Rich and Abram K-J

And blessings to all in the Accordance 'family' during this sacred week for us all.

Kevin. (colleague in Europe!)

• Like 3