Reoccurring notification "a module with a name..."

Shawn

Hello,

I was wondering if you can help me with a reoccurring notification I am getting every few minutes when using Accordance 10.2.4.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Shawn

post-30508-0-92429400-1379342983_thumb.png

Are you linked to a Dropbox account? (with automatic updates)

If so, then my guess is that Accordance is trying to install a user content file from dropbox with a name it cannot handle. Log into your account on Dropbox.com (web browser) and look in Dropbox > Apps > Accordance. Look inside of the three folders for files with similar filenames to the error dialog. I would delete them on Dropbox and resync with Accordance.

Let us know what you find.

Mike

Edited by Mike Garrity

Thank you for your help. I cleaned up my user files and reinitiated the dropbox sync. So far I haven't seen any notifications. It looks good. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, all was good for a couple of days, however, now I am getting many notifications. Using Accordance 10.2.4, and I deleted all folders and files on dropbox, unwanted user files on laptop in Documents/Accordance Files folder, and started over with Dropbox.

Can you help understand why I am getting all these notifications continually for files that were not initially in Dropbox Apps/Accordance folder or the Documents/Accordance Files folder?

Thank you for any help you can give.

post-30508-0-69356300-1380207616_thumb.png

post-30508-0-20105300-1380207634_thumb.png

Edited by Shawn

I wanted to add that I permenantly deleted all files and folders in the Dropbox Apps/Accordance folder. Is there another file that stores history of user files that is looking for previous user notes and tools such as a preference file that needs to be deleted?

The "truth" about what is stored in your Dropbox is whatever is shown at Dropbox.com. Any local storage location is simply a mirror of that truth which is supposed to be kept in sync but can sometimes not be fully updated at any given instance in time.

You have a ton of conflicted copies in your Dropbox that are getting installed into Accordance which then can't discern between the different copies since the desktop app only looks at the first 31 characters of the user note file name for, let's say, historical reasons.

What is a conflicted copy and how do you prevent them?

https://www.dropbox.com/help/36

Thank you for the input. I'll follow what was said in the above link, hopefully, this will be resolved.

Thanks again!