Emulator

davidtaylorjr

I'm trying to install Accordance 8 into the emulator for PC but it keeps giving error -39. The Accordance 9 installer will run but I don't have a code for that. Any thoughts?

We are happily refusing to support the emulator anymore. Please contact tech support, and pay for the upgrade to version 10, and they will get you the pre-release of the native Windows version.

We are happily refusing to support the emulator anymore. Please contact tech support, and pay for the upgrade to version 10, and they will get you the pre-release of the native Windows version.

Wow what a TERRIBLE response, and quite rude really. The response you just gave me was "sorry you don't matter, give us more money."

So sorry, that's not at all what I intended. One beta tester's response to the very first beta on Windows was "Hallelujah." It is soooo much better than the solution that we had with the emulator, and most Windows users have been waiting for it with bated breath and bugging us weekly as to when it will be available. I assumed you would also be thrilled with the news.

You do not own version 9 yet, so I cannot supply a code to you. The old disks don't run on the newer PCs in any case. According to our records you purchased the Mac DVD which definitely cannot be installed on the emulator.

The Starter Collection for 10 is $49.99 before any discounts for which you may be eligible. Once you have that (and it does add some modules as well as a beautiful new interface and many new features) it will log into your account and download all your previously purchased modules.

I think you will be very happy with the new solution.

That doesn't make me feel any better. I DON'T want to upgrade. I want to be able to use what I purchased. Hard times forced us to sell our mac and we are working on a very cheap PC. This is supposed to be able to work according to the website. I don't want 9, I want to know what that installer works but 8 does not. I want a solution, I don't want to be told to spend more money. I already spent money and instead of getting help, all I am getting is, give us more money!

It would work if you had the correct disk for installing what you bought, but you don't. I am going to contact you off forum to see how we can best help you.

Thank you to everyone who has worked on this issue for me. I know I was upset earlier, it's been a really bad day so far. People who have been working behind the scenes to help have been such a blessing!

Another user of Accordance heard what was going on with my situation and graciously gave me an anonymous gift of an Accordance 10 upgrade. I have no idea who did this but it has made my day! Thank you so much my brother or sister!

Edited by davidtaylorjr
  • Like 2