Loss of formatting

Randy Cue

Copying Biblical text has lost the formatting gains that were made over the last few versions of Accordance. Here is a screen shot.

http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/uploads/post-31190-0-52902700-1380035409_thumb.png

The text above should be in poetical form.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

This passage copies correctly in the NAS95, HCSB, and NIV11-GK, but not in the NKJV or NRSV. I think it may have to do with poorly placed carriage returns. Does anyone have any ideas?

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Has anyone else noticed this? Or is it a nonissue? Perhaps I should post this in the "General Topic" area.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

I did move these posts from another sub-forum.

I understand people have been busy with the Windows roll out, but has anyone looked into the problem I outlined above?

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Bump

Randy, I went back to 10.1.7 and these verses in ESVS do not copy as poetry. It's true they have some kind of special formatting since in Accordance when the lines wrap, they wrap with an indent, but they are not formatted the way that the other versions are.

Poetic formatting is very tricky, as different versions use quite different styles, and often many of them. There is no bug here, just an inconsistency between the way that the versions are formatted.

Helen, I think I know what you are saying but the text is formatted as poetry in the Accordance Application. It is when it gets exported that the problem arises. Let me give you a screen shot showing the formatting in the exported text.

post-31190-0-63915400-1381010123_thumb.png

Why are there tabs btween the verse numbers and the text is verses 24, 25, and 26? There are no such tabs between the verse numbers and the text in verses 22, 23, and 27.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy