Footnote numbers in exported text

Randy Cue

Sometimes when I export text to Word, the text contains a foot note number. Is there a way to either copy the text without the foot note number or have the content of the foot note copied with the text. In the screen shot below, the "10" was a foot note number in the text. The "1" is the foot note number to cite this text in my document.

post-31190-0-88695100-1380317538_thumb.png

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Hi Randy,

I hadn't noticed this before, but you're right. Plus I have suppress superscripts selected in the Citation section of the Accordance Preferences.

Is this a bug guys?

Bump

Meanwhile you can copy by using the contextual menu option "No Superscripts"

You can see that the contextual menu option successfully removes the superscripted footnote. You'll need to just copy over the last word or so if you want Accordance to write the footnote for you.

Meanwhile you can copy by using the contextual menu option "No Superscripts"

You can see that the contextual menu option successfully removes the superscripted footnote. You'll need to just copy over the last word or so if you want Accordance to write the footnote for you.

http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-10-03 at 6.50.43 AM.png

Sorry James, I am not following you at all. Could you explain what you mean by "contexual menu option"?

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

I believe the bug is that when copying a tool as a Citation, it doesn't respect the "Hide Superscripts" option. You can always Copy as No Superscript, which does correctly strip the superscripts (aka the text's footnote numbers), but it then doesn't give the footnote citation.

I believe the bug is that when copying a tool as a Citation, it doesn't respect the "Hide Superscripts" option. You can always Copy as No Superscript, which does correctly strip the superscripts (aka the text's footnote numbers), but it then doesn't give the footnote citation.

Joel,

How do you "Copy as No Superscript"? I must be really thick because I can't find how to do that.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

P.S. Is that "bug" going to be addressed?

P.P.S. I found how to "Copy as No Superscript :rolleyes:

Edited by Randy Cue

If we identify it as a bug, yes it will be addressed :)

And as you found out, its in Edit -> Copy As -> No Superscript, or Right-click -> Copy As -> No Superscript (or Command-Option-C).