User Tools/Bibles do not work on Accordance for Windows

Johannes

Hello together!

In the last days I got many questions on Accordance for Windows. So I took our old Windows XP Notebook and installed it.

I then tried to install my User Tools and User Bibles (from http://accordancebible.de) but I was not able to install one of them. I always got and error-message that says that the file-type was incorrect/not compatible (but they work well on my mac). I also could not install the modules from my Mac Studienbibel CD-ROM (there is the same problem).

What should I do?

With the best wishes, Johannes

Hi Johannes,

I tested User Bible import in beta and I know it was working for Unicode (UTF-8) source files in one of the late betas. So my question is this : are you trying to import the original source text file again or are you copying over a module from the Mac which was already imported ?

If the former is the file UTF-8 ?

If the latter the file type for an imported user bible on Windows should be acc2. You could try adding that file extension and see if Acc recognises it. I have done this with a user bible that I have on Mac and it worked.

Thx

D

Edited by Daniel Semler

Daniel is correct, you need to add file type extensions for User Notes, Tools, and Bibles to be added to Accordance on Windows.

User Notes: .acc4

User Tools: .acc7

User Bibles: .acc2

These extensions should be compatible for the Mac, so there should be no harm in having the files all changed to having extensions. While we are talking about it, if you have any saved workspaces/sessions, be sure to give them a .accord extension as well.

Oh, that works! Thank you very much!

Blessings, Johannes