Losing The Toolbar Menu When Openings Some of My workspaces

fmcfee

Hi,

I am not sure what the problem is but I am having some problems opening these some of my workspaces on my Windows PC....

I went to every workspace on my mac and opened it and saved it then copied to windows...this is what I get when I open accordance in my Windows PC...I can see the workspace but the toolbar bar is detached and empty...it works fine on the MAC...not sure what the problem is

....sometimes in windows PC, the resource is not yet available and this locks it up too...

Is there any way to migrate my custom user folders I created in the library over to windows?

Also I think my custom timeline and map user modifications did not migrate over...will I have to redo these in windows?

These are very minor issues except the losing the toolbar menu IMO...

Thanks for all your hard work..

Frank

post-31020-0-68827100-1380909651_thumb.png

Edited by fmcfee

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am not sure what the problem is but I am having some problems opening these some of my workspaces on my Windows PC....

I went to every workspace on my mac and opened it and saved it then copied to windows...this is what I get when I open accordance in my Windows PC...I can see the workspace but the toolbar bar is detached and empty...it works fine on the MAC...not sure what the problem is

....sometimes in windows PC, the resource is not yet available and this locks it up too...

Is there any way to migrate my custom user folders I created in the library over to windows?

Also I think my custom timeline and map user modifications did not migrate over...will I have to redo these in windows?

These are very minor issues except the losing the toolbar menu IMO...

Thanks for all your hard work..

Frank

Just an update 11/8/2013.....I still have the same problems a listed above:

my custom folders I created in my library ...how do I move them to windows..

I had some custom names in the Atlas and timeline that did not move over

I still have problems with some of my workspaces

I am running Windows 7..

Any suggestions?

Thanks Frank

Edited by fmcfee

In the Windows version, the toolbar can only appear in the "primary" workspace--that is the workspace that first opens when Accordance starts. This is a limitation of Windows. As I understand it, Windows apps can have toolbars in each window if the windows are completely independent, but not if the windows need to be able to interact with each other.

Most if not all of the toolbar commands can be accessed with a right click.

I think the custom Atlas items, etc. can be migrated over. They are probably in some preference file, but I'm not sure which ones.

I am hoping that when Dropbox sync is available in Windows that those kind of things will be synced automatically. This tripped me up the other day because I put together a custom map on my Mac, forgetting that the customizations were specific to the machine, and when I opened the map on the church's window machine, it wasn't the one I made, because the customizations didn't carry over.

Lorinda

In the Windows version, the toolbar can only appear in the "primary" workspace--that is the workspace that first opens when Accordance starts. This is a limitation of Windows. As I understand it, Windows apps can have toolbars in each window if the windows are completely independent, but not if the windows need to be able to interact with each other.

Most if not all of the toolbar commands can be accessed with a right click.

I think the custom Atlas items, etc. can be migrated over. They are probably in some preference file, but I'm not sure which ones.

I am hoping that when Dropbox sync is available in Windows that those kind of things will be synced automatically. This tripped me up the other day because I put together a custom map on my Mac, forgetting that the customizations were specific to the machine, and when I opened the map on the church's window machine, it wasn't the one I made, because the customizations didn't carry over.

Lorinda

Lorinda,

Thanks for your reply….that makes sense….I am waiting to hear about all these custom settings..especially how I organized my modules in the library…..so if I have to manually duplicate everything, I will do it BUT IF there will be a solution in the future which allows me to migrate 'these custom settings" over, I am content to wait…I appreciate your help

Frank

Edited by fmcfee

Frank, are you still having the workspace issue in 10.3.2? I believe we improved its ability to not leave an empty gray workspace. If you are reproducing it still, could you compress and attach one of the workspaces to a post here, so we could try it out?

We do have plans for the future to enable better syncing of user settings and workspaces, but given all the other items on our priority list, I wouldn't expect it immediately. To quote: "If everything is high priority, nothing is high priority!"