Missing Files on Mac

DanG

Accordance 10.3.1 can't open certain modules because it can't find them. When I try and relink to the file, the filename is grayed out in the dialogue box.

These tools won't open:

CF-AN.atool

CF-NPN1.atool

CF-NPN2.atool

CSB.atool

Dake.atool

ESV Study Bible.atool

Fruit of the Spirit.atool

JSB.atool

NET Notes. atool

Scofield.atool

Stevens Greek.atool

Zondervan Reference.atool

Some of the files in the Tools folder end in ".atool" while others do not. Not sure why. So far, all of the tools without ".atool" open and most of those with ".atool" open except for those listed above.

Any help?

Edited by DanG

We haven't yet fathomed why the "path" is lost, but the solution is well documented in the forums:

• Remove the "missing" module from the Library (select and command-delete or use the right-click or the gear menu)
  • Use the Add module item in the + menu at the bottom of the Library to add the module back

The second step does not add the module. I get a dialogue box that says...

The location of the file "filename" has changed (or it has been deleted) since Accordance accessed this file the last time.

Of course, neither is true... I had to use Easy Install to get the module back.

Edited by DanG

Ok... I have all modules working except for the following.

Fruit of the Spirit.atool

Zondervan Reference.atool

I have found no way to add them back to the Library or download them through Easy Install. (I realize they came from a Zondervan CD. The CDs are listed in Easy Install, but Accordance will not recognize that these modules need to be downloaded.)

Any help?

Not all the modules from those are posted yet for download. You can add them from the disk but they won't be the .atool format. Those new modules must be there in your Modules: Tools folder.

Yes, the two modules are in the Tools folder, but how do I get Accordance to see them?

Also, not all of my modules end in .atool (about half) -- does that matter?

If you remove them from the Library, then add them back, Accordance will see them. We are slowly updating all texts and tools to the new format which has several technical advantages, but sometimes Accordance doesn't recognize them.

If you remove them from the Library, then add them back, Accordance will see them. We are slowly updating all texts and tools to the new format which has several technical advantages, but sometimes Accordance doesn't recognize them.

As I said earlier, I can not add modules back by using the Add button in the Library. When attempting to do so I get a dialogue box that says... "The location of the file "filename" has changed (or it has been deleted) since Accordance accessed this file the last time."

To add all of the other modules back I had to use Easy Install. The problem with these two particular modules (Fruit of the Spirit.atool & Zondervan Reference.atool) is that they are not available with Easy Install.

I also tried opening these modules directly from the Finder, but that didn't work earlier.

Maybe there is a fourth option to add them back that I am unaware of?????

Also, only about half of all of my modules in the Tools folder end in ".atool"—is that a problem? Shouldn't they ALL end in ".atool"?

Edited by DanG

Hi Dan,

Only the updated tools have the .atool ending. Not all the tools have yet been updated so there is currently a mixture. Therefore this should not be a problem.

Unfortunately I can't help you with adding back the the two missing ones.

You should be able to add them back from the original CD-ROM, using the Open in the File menu or the Add Modules.

DanG, I have this same issue. I've found that deleting my Preferences folder allowed me to add them back into Accordance (but that comes with other unfavorable disadvantages so I've avoided it). Maybe back up your Preferences folder first, delete it, then restart Accordance and see if it allows you to add the module back into Accordance w/o the error message.

Just be sure to back up your preferences folder. I'm curious to see if that works for you too.